Weird battery life differences...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another shout out for Shearwater service. I had noticed my Teric did not seem to hold a charge as long as others described and then I saw a thread on the topic. I contacted Shearwater and was given an RMA for service - which in the past has been super quick. Imagine my surprise when a few days later UPS dropped off a BRAND NEW Teric. I was told to just send the ols one back for them to look at. WHO ELSE DOES THIS? That is why I haave been a loyal customer since 2005 with my GF which still runs great on my KISS

Terics came back today, they're new computers with different serial numbers. They also came with new travel cases and chargers so that was a bonus. Dive-Tronix's called during the service and everything was first class. 7 Days from the day I shipped to the day they returned (Monday to Monday), that's amazing.

Yeah SW sure consistently get things right. Your new Terics should give you 30 hours of dive time. I just did 24 dives over 7 days, just under 21 hours of Dive Mode time, AI, some compass use, med brightness and used 76% of a battery. That's without using it as a watch. When stored (and 'off') it should consume approx 1%/day. Enjoy!

Well looks like my second one is doing it now. I seem to remember charging both before I put them away about two weeks ago. One was at 76% the new one that was repaired by Dive Tronix was at 96%. I'm going to full charge them and see how they act.

So I ran a real world test on mine when we went to St. Lucia a couple of weeks ago.
I took it off the charger when we left for the airport on Saturday, October 26th, made 17 dives with it, all in the neighborhood of 40-55 minutes, then returned home with the battery still showing 50% on November 2nd.
Now understand that I only had it on when I was just about to hit the water till when I got back on the boat and dropped my gear and I did not leave the watch function on all the time but would turn it on and check time multiple times a day throughout the week but then turn it back off.
I was really pleased with how the charge held up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom