Weighting question, probably stupid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
New CCR and I strongly suspect I already know the answer to this put still why not.

For a recent trip my exposure protection plans have been forced to change including the dates.

With my unit in freshwater with my drysuit and heavy undergarments I'm overweight with zero lead.

In salt water with the same suit and undergarments I'm wearing 10 pounds.

On the trip I'll be using the same suit but just hiking base layer for undergarments.

What is a estimate for weight needed? I strongly suspect it will be none but wanted hive mind opinion.

Well, something is interesting... Are you saying that in salt water you have to add 10 lbs. to the setup that makes you overweight in fresh water? That's a bit of a swing.

In any case, the only way to answer this question is to weigh yourself properly using the setup that you'll have in a remote location.

Why not do a dive with your planned gear and see where it gets you?

I drop 17 lbs going from my 50 deg layers to just a wicking layer. I don't think you'll need any weight.

I'm hoping to do a weight check at the dock. The dives themselves are drift so wouldn't be able to weight check there.

Up here the water us just to cold for just base layers.

I'm hoping to do a weight check at the dock. The dives themselves are drift so wouldn't be able to weight check there.

In NE? Should be warmer by now. Weighting takes a few mins, so you should be able to stay warm. If you do want to weight yourself at the destination, arrive early and have a backup plan, e.g., diff tank sizes/types.

The water is 70 at Ft Wetherill. You'll survive a weight check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom