Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba127

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do you guys at Whites happen to know who approximately how much weight is required to counter the buoyancy of a White's Fusion Dry Suit w/lycra skin and MK2 ungarment? Thanks.

Just like using a wetsuit, it will vary by person. When I was diving a tri-lam suit prior to getting the Whites, I was using 22lbs with a steel tank. With the fusion, I use 16lbs. I have found that the function of the suit that pulls the excess shell against your body also minimizes the bubble and allows for less weight overall. YMMV.

Do you guys at Whites happen to know who approximately how much weight is required to counter the buoyancy of a White's Fusion Dry Suit w/lycra skin and MK2 ungarment? Thanks.

Hello,

As someone has already mentioned this is a question with an answer that will vary greatly with each diver. Everyone has different buoyancy characteristics depending on body composition.

However I can give you a general guidline as to where to start.Take 10% of your body weight then add 12-15lbs. For example, if you weight 200lbs you should start with 32-35lbs (200X20% = 20lbs + 12-15lbs) Once you have your estimated weight selected perform a buoyancy check and adjust as necessary.

Good Luck!

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

However I can give you a general guideline as to where to start.Take 10% of your body weight then add 12-15lbs. For example, if you weight 200lbs you should start with 32-35lbs (200X20% = 20lbs + 12-15lbs) Once you have your estimated weight selected perform a buoyancy check and adjust as necessary.

Good Luck!

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

Salt water & AL80? At 5'10 & 225lbs I'm "buoyant" with my Nexus and a MKII undergarment & HP100 steel tank (in freshwater) I wear 22lbs. I'm hoping that will drop when I get my Fusion this spring!

When I use my Fusion, I add 10 lbs over my 2pc 7mm wetsuit without any other changes in configuration (SS BP/W, HP steel tank) in salt water.

Hi Elena,

May I know what kind of weight system you are using? Are you using normal weight belt? or weight belt with weight pocket? Or you use weight harness?

Thanks.

IC. Thanks Elena, I guess I need to add weight pocket to my harness for the extra weight and maybe put some on my camband.

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom