Weezle vs Fourth Element

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FILE0450.jpg
Seems that 4th element as new model called the Halo 3D. Has anyone tried it? I have a Whites MK3 and I find it very bulky and I still get cold diving in Monterey. Thinking about getting something else and like the Halo 3D design.

Yeup :wink: I actually have it on in the pic I attached. It fits so beautifully and has a great range of motion. In my opinion, it is warmer than the MK3 if not the same, with a lot less bulk. Pricey, but well worth it for cold long dives!

I've been diving the 4th E Arctic for years and like it for most of my local (Puget Sound) diving (48-54 degrees). I do tend to get a little cold after an hour or so in the water. The range of motion is very good.

I've been using my White's Mk III this summer with my Fusion and it is good but bulky.

I just got a Halo and love it! It is as warm as the Mk III (if not a bit more), much less constrictive and it also seemed to allow much faster venting than the Mk III. It will be my first choice from now on.

Peter, are you layering anything else over or under the Halo? And does it need any super special care or is it safe to wash?

I have both the 4th Element Artic and the Weezle Extreme Plus. I agree with what everyone has said thus far. Overall, in terms of pure warmth, and taking nothing else into account, I think the Weezle is slightly warmer. However, it's not significant enough to outweigh the benefits of the 4th Element.

I think the Weezle wicks moisture a little better. I dive in temps around 3-10C with no added thermal protection.

Again, thanks to all. SB rocks.

Matt -- I was "commando" on my first time with the Halo -- Lynne wore a light wicking base layer. I'll be wearing a base layer tomorrow and let you know if I notice a difference.

I just got the Halo so don't have any experience with washing. I loved the fact that the Arctic just went into the washer and dryer.

I've dived the Weezle Extreme Plus (I think that's what it was -- anyway, the warmest one) and the 4th Element Arctic, and for me, there was no comparison. The 4th Element is not enough insulation for me at all. The Weezle was as warm as my MK3 (which is the warmest undergarment I've found) but was softer, more flexible, and extremely comfortable. I did not buy one for several reasons, one of which is the MK3 has the drop zipper which is awfully handy when not using a She-P :)

I have a Halo now. I have one dive on it, and the jury is still out. It's far less bulky than the MK3, but I had problems reaching my valves in it. I was out of practice, so we'll see with time. I was also no warmer, but again, I was using wetgloves, so I was wet to the elbows, and I had a borrowed hood that didn't fit well. I need some more dives to assess the warmth, but I can already say it's no magic bullet. And I keep looking for one! (Maybe they'll eventually get Aerogel to work.)

Thanks, Peter and Lynne. Please keep us updated on your Halo thoughts. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom