Weezle vs Fourth Element

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah,

I would agree w/ Mike (DRIS), ordering on line is not much of an issue, at least w/ the 4th Element stuff. I ordered mine on-line and it fit perfectly. The other beauty of the two piece is that you can mix and match an XL top w/ L bottom if you need that. Guess where I ordered mine from :)

I would suggest that you call and talk to whoever you are ordering from, as opposed to just going off the sizes listed on-line.

You will find some people like two piece undergarments and some people like one piece. The one-piece guys will say the two piece will tend to ride up and separate, the two piece guys will say that they like the ability to mix n match. I have both types, and don't hav an issue with either one. The 4th Element stuff is purposely long, so you can overlap the top and bottom.

The one issue I had w/ the overlap is that the directions suggest you tuck the top into the bottoms. For me, it was better to pull the top "over" the bottom. This allowed my P-valve hose to route easier and didn't give me the "wadded up" appearance/feeling that you get if you are trying to tuck an extra-long shirt into your jeans.

The 4th element stuff "looks" like a brown sweatshirt top and brown sweat pants, just to give you an idea of the relative thickness and appearance.

John

I have dove, owned, and sold a TON of both. You will be happy and warm with either...but this is why I decided on and dive the 4th element

Weezle - Really warm and packs small - Diving, to keep you warm it relies on Loft. This means you need to add air to the suit to get the loft. Air= More weight to sink and a bigger air bubble in the suit to manage. Definitely a noticeable difference in my opinion. Fits bigger and looser on you, meaning less flexibility and more material and bulk to add under your suit.

4th Ele- Fits tighter on you, so fit is excellent and no extra material or buoyancy issues. This also helps keep you warm. No need for a lot of air to keep you warm as the material does that....BUT, if cold, add a puff or two. The 2 piece design is AWESOME for someone taller like me. It fits a lot better into a drysuit due to the slimmer fit. ....did I mention flexibility is AMAZING :)

The biggest reasons I picked 4th Ele, was because the flexibility was amazing and it literally fit like a glove.

Not sure why you can't buy it online. As long as it fits on you, it should fit under your drysuit. If the 4th Element doesn't fit, you have a suit that isn't going to fit much that will keep you warm. We have sold HUNDREDS of both undergarments online and nobody has had any issues. I decided not to sell Weezle anymore because dealing overseas was a hassle, and I really think they are inferior to other new undergarments on the market. Not Weezle in general, but loft type undergarments .

What type of water temps are you using the Arctic for? Our temps go from high 30's to mid 50's. I was looking at the sub X because I was not sure if the Arctic would be warm enough, also what do you ware along with the Arctic in these temps.

That cold I wear the Halo 3d :wink: and a wicking layer and all is well (45 and below) for the upper ranges of your diving, I have the Arctic paired with the Xerotherm and perfectly toasted, although less restrictive than wearing the Halo, which is why I am mainly wearing the Halo for 50 and less

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=halo

The only thing to improve that was an argon cylinder..

I am thinking of marketing UF6 for use instead of Ar for real die-hards... :)

I'm with mike on the halo, sub 45 i wear the halo and wicking layer, any warmer than that I have a pair of polartech pants and pullover from sportsman guide that I wear, and layer with a wool baselayer.

Why would you chose the HALO over the Sub X? I was looking at the Sub X because I thought it would be more flexible being a two piece suit.

Halo is MUCH more flexible than the Sub X. The sub X is really nice, but you lose a lot of motion. It is a thick material, that is really warm and looks AWESOME, but it doesn't have the same stretch as the Halo. The halo allows a cushion of air to stay around your entire body, not just your back, allowing you to use that air as an insulating layer :wink:

Thanks again, all, for the feedback. DRIS - PM me on shipping to Canada. The info might be on your web site - not sure.

Seems that 4th element as new model called the Halo 3D. Has anyone tried it? I have a Whites MK3 and I find it very bulky and I still get cold diving in Monterey. Thinking about getting something else and like the Halo 3D design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom