Weekend woes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Supposed to be doing my OW cert Sat/Sun at the breakwater, what are the chances of that happening?

This is where that release you signed comes in. :wink:

We all REALLY hope that your instructor didn't take you out today. I was DMing an OW class at the Breakwater a few months ago and conditions were horrid, big waves sometimes hitting all way up the stairs and then receeding so far you could see 40 feet of sand. My (smart, experienced and trustworthy) instructor cancelled the class.
Another instructor didn't and we all feared for his students as they were really hammered by the waves. It was a miracle that no one was seriously injured or worse.

Please check back in with us to let us know what happened.

There's ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY TO DIVE when conditions suck. (Unless you dive that day anyway and die. Then, there's never any more diving for you.)

I'd have to get a scooter first :wink:

Well my buddy backed out. Guess we aren't going to Sugar Pine Reservoir today :(

How is the diving in Sugar Pine?

The initial response to the OP is appropriate. SURF!

The ocean can be fun in both calm and rough states

DSCN0359.jpg

Is that Butterfly House in the background... or just another Carmel mansion?

I passed on last weekend and was banking on getting my fix today.

Next 2 weekends I'm out because of work... :( That'll almost be 4 weeks. I wonder if I'll still remember how to dive...

From what I understand butterfly house has a more U shaped roof.
I'm bored not driving to Monterey all weekend, guess I'll have to get some laundry done, yahoo.

Class was canceled on Saturday.

We then tried again this morning (Sunday) and got the entire class out but the kelp was a problem and conditions started to deteriorate. We were ordered/assisted out of the water soon after entering.

Learned a valuable lesson this weekend on calling a dive. Going to head back down later this week and try and get these checkout dives done!

This is where that release you signed comes in. :wink:

We all REALLY hope that your instructor didn't take you out today. I was DMing an OW class at the Breakwater a few months ago and conditions were horrid, big waves sometimes hitting all way up the stairs and then receeding so far you could see 40 feet of sand. My (smart, experienced and trustworthy) instructor cancelled the class.
Another instructor didn't and we all feared for his students as they were really hammered by the waves. It was a miracle that no one was seriously injured or worse.

Please check back in with us to let us know what happened.

There's ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY TO DIVE when conditions suck. (Unless you dive that day anyway and die. Then, there's never any more diving for you.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom