Weekday diving????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better in neoprene than out. I hear.

Ha! That reminds me of a story when I forgot to zip my wetsuit up and didn't realize it until I had kicked out at Breakwater. Yikes! That was not a fun doff and don in the water! :11:

Anyway, enough hijacking.

I think only Jim has had the pleasure of seeing Zen in neoprene....

Wednesday might not be that bad- 6 to 10 is a pretty big range and, if Danno is right, they generally decrease as the day approaches.

I defer to the wisdom of others about what would be diveable and where.

I would like to have experience diving every spot on the Monterey Peninsula all the way around into Carmel. Somewhere must have halfway decent viz and be realistic for a shore entry.

You should check out Chuck's page for dive conditions and try to familiarize yourself with the conditions and what makes good and bad dive days. Always helpful. Of course, a great deal of this comes from just diving and learning where your thresholds are.

I just looked at the 560 forcast and it not looking promising given the gale force winds through Thursday which might mean Friday is pretty much a "training day" dive b/c of viz issues. Depends really. Good idea is to also watch the Monterey Bay Aquarium webcam to see how things are looking, although its just a tiny little window into what going on there. http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/efc/efc_mbay/mbay_cam.asp?bhcp=1

I think only Jim has had the pleasure of seeing Zen in neoprene....

Wednesday might not be that bad- 6 to 10 is a pretty big range and, if Danno is right, they generally decrease as the day approaches.

Oh, COME ON, where's your sense of adventure??? :eyebrow:

Actually, the forecast is looking downright UGLY for this weekend (at least the early part). :(

Oh, COME ON, where's your sense of adventure??? :eyebrow:

Actually, the forecast is looking downright UGLY for this weekend (at least the early part). :(

Funny enough - I was talking to someone about your zealous optimism for conditions just this afternoon!

Funny, I have tomorrow off and was entertaining the notion of diving tomorrow, possibly Lobos. The later it gets in the evening though, the more unlikely that is seeming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom