Week in end March -Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All.

I have 8-9 days off end of March and am based in Singapore at the moment.

I've done Bali, Bunaken, Lembeh, Dumaguete, Bohol, Moalboal, Anilao, and Puerta Galera.

Any suggestion for this length of time from SG? Open to more than just Indonesia.

Thanks.
maat1976

Dear maat 1976. Please have a look at www.wedaresort.com Great reef diving but also many good critter-site at the East coast of Halmahera (Northern Moluccas).

Does Komodo have to be done via liveaboard? Similans might be an option for sure.

Southern Leyte in the Philpines...amazing diving with theossibility of whalesharks and just a fast ferry ride away from Cebu. There is a local ferry from there to Eastern Bohol , so at a push you could also spend a few days in the Anda area. Another option is Malapascua.

Personally I thought that the Similans were way less impressive than Indonesia and the Philippines.

Alor is also on the cards possibly.

That's enough time for a lot of options. depends on your budget and your type of diving.
I've seen a lot of muck/macro in your list, you could try Ambon which is perfect for a week (Dive Into AMbon or for cheaper option Blue Motion), for a change Sipadan would be great for fish actiion.
According to your budget you may consider Raja Ampat, every diver has to go once.
Komodo is a bit early in the year I think..

Komodo can be done land based though liveaboard is more convenient and easy. I thought about Raja Ampat as a possibility but it is barely just enough for 8-9 days off if including the flight to Sorong and getting there a little earlier, then the 24 hour no fly after diving, then the flight back. It is much closer to Singapore than it is for me here in CA though. :)

From Singapore you have plenty of options but Easter is the peak holiday season so you better hurry up.
Lyang Lyang, Sangalaki, Similan and..........etc etc.
Just pick a place you had never been.

Does Komodo have to be done via liveaboard? Similans might be an option for sure.

I like Komodo best from LOB, but land based can be good. Look into Scuba Junkies resort which is just outside the park in the central region, and Luko found shop based in LBJ that he liked and he is not easy to please.

Ambon is great for macro. I wasn't super impressed with Blue Motion's on site management style (a bit too laid back) but if your on a budget it's the only budget operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom