Wednesday night dive at Dania, July 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my way out the door! See ya all at SeaTech in 45 minutes!

well dissapointed in not catching anything

had over 6 chances.. the first was one was to short.

the rest well.. I guess the newbiness in me kicked in

I saw Jenny and Justin out there, and we meant to meet up with them but we turned around after trying to find them.

Although the hunt was a failure.. the actual dive was great, especially with the drift at the end :)

Quickie dive report.
Had an awesome dive! After some equipment changes, OBXDIVEGUY and I set out to the jacks. The surface current was stronger than it looked so we dropped down and swam to the jacks. I was surprised at how much of the reef is covered in sand. Very sad. Once on the jacks we split sides and continued our search for the saltwater cockroaches. As the darkness progressed, we saw octopus, spotted trunkfish, huge gray and french angels, and a lot of bait fish higher in the water column. At the end of the jacks we headed south along the ledge. Never did that before and was rewarded with a nurse shark sighting and a small turtle. Another octopus was spotted and sleeping parrotfish, hogfish and other regulars. Getting lower on air, we ascended to darkeness, dropped down again and swam west, ascending near the pier. Great dive, good buddy and no lobsters! Well, we did get one, but it was too small and the other we saw was also too small.
I have always wanted to do the jacks as a night dive and after all these years of diving there I was rewarded! Oh, and it was also a great way to spend my birthday! Thanks Justin for helping make it memorable!

Ya'll didn't catch any because Joe Shook, my friend Mike and I caught them all before ya'll did :D We were the ones on the boat that was anchored south of the jacks...he he.. Sorry..didn't check SB before going out there, but after getting slapped around by a 3+ knot current at the 3rd reef line 1 mile off shore east of the tall pinnacle (off Federal Hwy north of Commercial), we needed a break and the Jacks had almost no current.

Don't think we did any much better than ya'll; we caught about 5, but only one keeper. :(

In retrospect, I wish I had brought a speargun because I could have shot that 30 inch mutton snapper that decided to "cut me off" during my bug hunt. It would have been a prime example of dive rage!!! LOL

Were you there at night? We passed some divers going west who had just snagged a bug as we were going east. I am assuming the divers (I think there were 3 of them) were from the boat anchored at the ledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom