Wedding ring found on Palancar reef.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering the same. Certainly not a good sign on a honeymoon. The date inscribed inside was only about 11 days before we found it. Nontheless, if they are still together it would be a miraculous sign - given the odds.
11 days?! :eek: Well, all jewelry should be left in the room safe, and there are safety reasons for not wearing any on a dive boat, too - but many do...

Sorry, I should have said our Cozumel forum: ScubaBoard - Cozumel

cudas in coz love the taste of fingers found right under shiny new rings .... muhahahahaha
Yep, but I gave up on warning other divers long ago. I especially worry about shiny ear studs. :11:

cudas in coz love the taste of fingers found right under shiny new rings .... muhahahahaha

LaCuda lost a gold band......two years ago on another island, while playing on shore....it's long gone.

Are you guys implying that barracudas will really actually bite or attack a diver or snorkler unprovoked?:D :wink:

Regards,

Are you guys implying that barracudas will really actually bite or attack a diver or snorkler unprovoked?:D :wink:

Regards,
So the stories go. How many surgeries? Glad they went well, and you got good treatment on Utila before being transferred. Did you ever post that story? I just heard parts here and there...

Well, all jewelry should be left in the room safe, and there are safety reasons for not wearing any on a dive boat, too - but many do...

Yep, but I gave up on warning other divers long ago. I especially worry about shiny ear studs. :11:

Regards,

Ok, I'll bite. My first thoughts were - "Hey, I never thought about that. They may have a point."

After thinking about off an on during the day, though, that would mean the rivets and D-rings on my BC, parts of my camera case, and other shiny things that are essential parts of my gear are also 'cuda lures.

Care to elaborate with specifics about why jewelry but not other shiny things are a hazard - perhaps with some links?

Regards,

I used to wear earings all the time after wearing them snorkeling in the caribean I don't wear jewlery inteh water anymore. Just small fish attacking my head nothing big enough to do any harm but still.

If I ever lost my wedding band while diving my wife would be MAAAAAD, she doesn't dive and doesn't see the need for me to

Coz isn't by any chance close to Key West, is it? (No I am not stupid, I'm Danish ;o)

The Danish Crown Prince apparently just lost his wedding ring while diving there. Anyone lucky enough to find it (and honest enough to hand it back to him) gets a trip to Denmark, according to the newspapers!

Coz isn't by any chance close to Key West, is it? (No I am not stupid, I'm Danish ;o)

The Danish Crown Prince apparently just lost his wedding ring while diving there. Anyone lucky enough to find it (and honest enough to hand it back to him) gets a trip to Denmark, according to the newspapers!
Not particularly. Cuba and a large portion of the Caribbean Sea lie between.
[c]
CaribbeanMapCarte.jpg

[/c]

Nice..I'll have to use that line! "No I'm not stupid, I'm Danish!" however it won't work with my wife....anyway...:rofl3:

No, Key West and Cozumel are approximately 450 miles apart, so not really close (It's a small world after all)

Sounds like a nice deal..if I find a ring when I'm in the Keys again, I'll have to remember that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom