Weda Resort, Halmahera closed, and Magic Bay Rao in sleeping mode.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I actually only came to update my signature. But then I thought that being an member this long I might as well explain a bit. A do some promotion.

First the good news. Divers Lodge Lembeh is more beautiful than ever and fully operational. Now the pandemic is more or less under control we had to think about the future again. We realized that what we have been best at the past 20 years was offering a very personalized service. This is also what we like most ourselves. Every guest, buddy team or small group of friends will their own private boat. With of course a ration of max two guests per guide. In this way the guest (s) are completely free to make their own daily schedule. For example, they can visit their favorite dive sites as often as they want.
We can offer this unique service at rates which are lower than what would have to be paid for at the average liveaboard.

Unfortunately the impact on the environment by an exponential growing mining and industry near Weda Resort at Halmahera is that big that we had to decide to close the resort.
Magic Bay Rao near Morotai we will open again not later than 2024.

Thanks for letting us know. I wondered how things were going for you guys, in light of how the pandemic hit the dive industry worldwide, and in Indonesia. A few follow up observations:

I actually only came to update my signature. But then I thought that being an member this long I might as well explain a bit. A do some promotion.

First the good news. Divers Lodge Lembeh is more beautiful than ever and fully operational.
So for now, you have an offering in Lembeh Strait, known for world class muck diving. At some point in the next couple of years or so, you plan to add Magic Bay Rao near Morotai.
offering a very personalized service. This is also what we like most ourselves. Every guest, buddy team or small group of friends will their own private boat. With of course a ration of max two guests per guide. In this way the guest (s) are completely free to make their own daily schedule. For example, they can visit their favorite dive sites as often as they want.
We can offer this unique service at rates which are lower than what would have to be paid for at the average liveaboard.
I doubt I'll get to hit Indonesia in my life more than once or twice, if that, so it's very unlikely I'll ever make it to Lembeh Strait. For the benefit of others making plans, it would be helpful to publicize/promote your offering if some of your guests do some trip report write-ups on ScubaBoard.

When people come here and are overwhelmed with the amount of information needed to inform the many decisions in trip planning, a detailed, day-by-day description of an offering by someone who had a great time counts for a lot.

Many divers don't spend time on ScubaBoard, or write trip reports. Perhaps a 'nudge' might persuade a few. Just a thought.

P.S.: How many dives/day might be realistic for a diver staying at your offering?

Thanks for letting us know. I wondered how things were going for you guys, in light of how the pandemic hit the dive industry worldwide, and in Indonesia. A few follow up observations:

So for now, you have an offering in Lembeh Strait, known for world class muck diving. At some point in the next couple of years or so, you plan to add Magic Bay Rao near Morotai.

I doubt I'll get to hit Indonesia in my life more than once or twice, if that, so it's very unlikely I'll ever make it to Lembeh Strait. For the benefit of others making plans, it would be helpful to publicize/promote your offering if some of your guests do some trip report write-ups on ScubaBoard.

When people come here and are overwhelmed with the amount of information needed to inform the many decisions in trip planning, a detailed, day-by-day description of an offering by someone who had a great time counts for a lot.

Many divers don't spend time on ScubaBoard, or write trip reports. Perhaps a 'nudge' might persuade a few. Just a thought.

P.S.: How many dives/day might be realistic for a diver staying at your offering?
Thanks, Magic Bay Rao has been operational since 2016 until the pandemic started. Next year we probably are able to do the necessary renovations. The season for perfect diving there is limited to May - half September.
This is from our Divers Lodge Lembeh website: The dive schedule with a private boat is as you wish. Private boat options are still subject to a max. diver-guide ratio of 2 divers to 1 guide, but a private guide per diver can be arranged at IDR 150.000 per dive, per extra guide. All dives has be done between 08:00 and 20:00, and no dive plan will exceed 5 dives per day. However, on request we can adjust. For example we have been two weeks of only full nights diving with BBC once and very early morning dives on other occasions.
Because of the very small scale of our resort we can easily adjust to all personal wishes for the timing and style of the meals.

Back
Top Bottom