Wed. night Dania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone welcome on the beach dives? I will be in Florida later in the month in the Dania Beach area and would like to get some dives in. Can you suggest some beach dive areas.

Absolutely anyone is welcome! Weather permitting, there's about a dozen of us that meet up frequently all week long for beach dives. Just shoot me a PM and we'll set something up.

Be prepared for the possibility of a strong current. I was out last Friday and got caught in a smoking current on the 2nd reef. I went in South of Atlantic, zoomed past the Copenhagen and was 1/4 mile from Commercial before I got to the beach.

things aren't looking great for Wed. weather-wise and people being able to come-wise. Anyone else up for Thursday instead?

according to weather underground...

Wednesday Night
Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.

Thursday Night
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.

seems like weather wise, wednesday might be better. are you guys getting similar forecasts from other weather things? truly we'll never know till the day comes closer though. usually weather forecasts read one thing, then when we get out there u have the complete opposite sometimes. i guess we'll just see what happens lol. everyone says something different.

ok, a buddy and i are in for thursday. is this going to be reposted under the Thursday title?

and that's the south side of the dania pier parking lot right?

Ya, Thursday it is. I just came from the beach area and it is getting dark over there. Seas are calm though, hopefully it holds out for us tomorrow.

Yup, south side of the lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom