Website mascot ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.K...I like it as a start..very nice...but a few suggestions...

1 - We re-vamp the wording a little to read left to right and not a full circle...centered on the Top "Great Lakes"...centered on the bottom "Wrecking Crew"

2 - Change the Circle to look like the prothole of a wreck. (hinge on one side...handles on the other, or something to that effect)

3 - Inside the porhole...a MacCaw on Scuba or a pic of one of the great lakes wrecks.

A Macaw? I haven't seen too many of those up here. Maybe if I drink some rum. Naw, The lawyer fish or bourbot would be the proper creature. They are common on all the wrecks in Lake Michigan. I've dove in lake Superior and seen them there too. I can't speak for the other lakes though.

Jim

Big-t-2538:
O.K...I like it as a start..very nice...but a few suggestions...

1 - We re-vamp the wording a little to read left to right and not a full circle...centered on the Top "Great Lakes"...centered on the bottom "Wrecking Crew"

2 - Change the Circle to look like the prothole of a wreck. (hinge on one side...handles on the other, or something to that effect)

3 - Inside the porhole...a MacCaw on Scuba or a pic of one of the great lakes wrecks.

I like all the ideas above and would personally prefer to see a picture of an old wooden shipwreck to appear in our porthole.

...the graphics software (at least Paint Shop Pro 8) is a LOT smarter than I am!

Here's my idea. I have a GIF of a porthole ready. Inside the porthole, I see the Great Lakes, layed out in Blue on a white background. At points of around the lakes where wrecks are plentiful, place a black 'ship wreck' icon. I have the GIF of the great lakes and the shipwreck icon ready too. I guess I'd expect 'shipwrecks' at Tobermory, the Straits, Alpena, tip of the thumb, Kingston, and so on.

Over the center of the lakes, where Michigans lower pennisula is, put a dive flag.

Around the porthole in bold black type, "Great Lakes Wrecking Crew" and along the bottom in a straight like "Finest freshwater diving anywhere"

I have most of the "pieces" in small files and can send them to someone who has the ABILITY to work with a graphics program to put them all together, if anyone is interested.

Okay so I admit it, I'm not an artist. I did however take the liberty of sketching out an idea for your review.

I was trying to incorpoate all of the things that I have seen posted so far, well except for the macaws. Look at my stick divers and you will know right away that beaks are beyond my artistic abilities. Take a look though and see if this is the line that we may want to follow. I incorporated the Great Lakes, yes those are what they are suppossed to be, the old wooden ship, the divers and the name. I also took Tom's suggesstion and included the freshwater tag line. My original thought was to use a dive flag as the background that the entire logo sat on. It would have to be sort of transparent around the ship area so as to show off the detail. I welcome your comments on this, obviously we will have to center things a little better and agree on some colors, etc.

Mitten Diver

Okay I didn't forget the file size was just to large.

And now for your viewing pleasure...............

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
Okay so I admit it, I'm not an artist. I did however take the liberty of sketching out an idea for your review.
Mitten Diver

LOL... so true... you are not an artist. But neither am I and you at least tried.

I do like the concept. It might help if the ship was a bit smaller or if there was less overlapping. But, other than that I like it.

Paula

LOL... so true... you are not an artist.

Please go ahead and tell me exactally what you think. Hehehehehehe!

Here is a touched up version of same but with a little better scaling. Same crappy artistic ability though.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
LOL... so true... you are not an artist.

Please go ahead and tell me exactally what you think. Hehehehehehe!

Here is a touched up version of same but with a little better scaling. Same crappy artistic ability though.

Mitten Diver

Could you show that to your artist friend and have her "perfect" it? That would be a real good place to continue from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom