Webbly, wobbly webbing with H's on it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
Don't those H's stand for Halston? :blinking:

Yeah. Chic Rick. :wink:

Rick Inman:
Anyway, the new webbing is much more pliable, which makes it easier to escape from my kit without the QR, but also makes the D rings all loosey-goosey, not firmly in place like they were in my old webbing. This makes clipping off a bit more difficult.

Any opinions on the firm vs. the lose webbing?

The various qualities of webbing do make the D-rings "feel" different, but at the end of the day, it shouldn't make a huge difference in your ability to clip off things to them. If it does, then it's probably a good indicator that you're using the wrong technique.

If you open the clip and flail around for the D-ring, you're bound to have problems finding the ring, since it may be in a different position than what you're used to.

Instead, try first locating the D-ring with your forefinger. Even if you can't find the ring itself, you should be able to find the base of the D-ring and move the ring into position.

Then, put the bolt snap with the gate against the D-ring, still keeping your forefinger on the ring. Then open the gate with your thumb, and *snap* it'll be in postion.

This probing action with your forefinger also makes it less likely that you'll clip off the bolt snap to the eye of another bolt snap, which can be terribly annoying.

I don't understand. I have the "H" webbing, and couldn't make a D-Ring move without a ton of effort.

Has it become stiffer or are there different stiffness available?

actually the H's stand for Haliburton...buy halcyon and support bush's evil empire(you damn hippy you).

*rocking the H's*

I rigged my first harness entirely out of seat-belt webbing because I didn't know any better. What a nightmare, nothing stayed where it was supposed to, and it was a PITA to get in and out of. Then my GF got a new rig with the gay Hs on it (not that there's anything wrong with that) and I immediately realized what was wrong with mine. No gay Hs...

e.a.e.

Xanthro:
I don't understand. I have the "H" webbing, and couldn't make a D-Ring move without a ton of effort.

Has it become stiffer or are there different stiffness available?
I donno, but mine is just a bit stiffer than the crotch strap stuff, and my D rings do flop around. And yes, the D rings are on properly according to my DIRF instructor.

I can still clip off, I just prefer the firmer stuff.

Rick Inman:
I donno, but mine is just a bit stiffer than the crotch strap stuff, and my D rings do flop around. And yes, the D rings are on properly according to my DIRF instructor.

I can still clip off, I just prefer the firmer stuff.

That's weird. The crotch strap stuff is, ... now how exactly does one finish this sentence without being open to ridicule, can't use soft, or not hard or firm, or won't stand up.

Anyway, my H webbing is almost too stiff. I had a difficult time with adjusting the webbing because I can't get the slides to move.

I'm thinking there must be different stiffness to them. On mine a good 18inch section held at one end will not bend over held horizontally.

Xanthro:
That's weird. The crotch strap stuff is, ... now how exactly does one finish this sentence without being open to ridicule, can't use soft, or not hard or firm, or won't stand up.

Anyway, my H webbing is almost too stiff. I had a difficult time with adjusting the webbing because I can't get the slides to move.

I'm thinking there must be different stiffness to them. On mine a good 18inch section held at one end will not bend over held horizontally.
Does your H webbing actually have blue H's on it?

whats the bigg fuss? i honestly find nothing wrong with my stock harness with blue H's. there is nothing wrong with it and works perfectly fine. all the d rings are in place and removing them and donning the rig is easy. i honestly like the h's on the webbing. i wouldnt change em just for pure aesthetics alone. in fact if i replace em i would preffereably want blue h's on the new webbing:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom