weather in Bohol & Moalboal in late Nov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lofish

Contributor
Reaction score
We are thinking to spend 2 weeks or so in Bohol and Moalboal in late November, and have some concern about the weather during this period coz my wife is a non-diver and she doesnt want to just sit and watch the rain while i am diving. Would it be better if we change to Jan? Your thoughts? Thanks!

Hi Lofish,

The weather here in Moalboal is normally okay in late November but really you have to take it day by day. Sometimes there is glorious sunshine in the morning and it will be raining in the afternoon. If you check out the 'Highlights' page on our website it describes the weather seasons in more detail but it is not always that predictable.

Hope this helps!

Carl

My wife and I were in the Philippines Oct 2005- Dec 2005. At the end of Oct., someone turned off the faucet, and the daily rains of Oct. ended.
You'll have a great time diving, and you wife will have a good time topside.
In Bohol, she can go to the Chocolate Hills, and/or the Loboc river cruise. Moalboa is quieter, but she'll have a good time!

I'm going to be in Bohol late november too, so I emailed the dive op (Bohol Fun Divers) and they said:

Dear Elaine,

We were very slightly affected with the typhoon actually. We were quite far from the really affected area.. though we got some rain showers and just little bit winds, diving wasn't affected at all. In fact at the moment, it is quite hot in here, flat ocean, and very good visibility.
By November, normally "hopefully", no more typhoons in the Philippines:)

Looking forward to see you soon..

Hope that helps ease your worries a bit. :)

Thanks for the replies, and there is nothing to worry about now coz I have booked the accommodation in bohol yesterday. :eyebrow:

Fuggler, flat ocean & good visibilty.. that is good news. But i haven't decided on the dive op yet..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom