Wearing a dive watch while drysuit diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subcooled

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
...can pose certain challenges as all dive watches seem to have been designed for wetsuit use only.

The straps are simply not long enough...

But! There is a solution! A dog collar!

DiveWatchVerySmall.jpg

I've accidentally worn one UNDER my drysuit (it was my daily watch before I got an Apple watch). :wink:

NO.

I tried a NATO strap.

I was inside a cave, 2000 feet from the entrance, beyond five sumps, knee deep in mud, wearing wetgloves, and in darkness, and then I had to adjust that ******* NATO strap.
It was too flexible and flimsy and it all ended up me not having a watch strap at all. I wasn't able to adjust it, not even to hold it, and then I dropped it in the murky waters.

I want the strap to be thick enough to be actually usable. It has to be rigid too. It should neither bend sideways nor up or down. And remember, I was using wetgloves, and not my usual drygloves.

Tools need to be robust. Jewelry can be delicate.

I've accidentally worn one UNDER my drysuit (it was my daily watch before I got an Apple watch). :wink:

I guess it read your pulse, breathing, blood pressure, mental state and credit card :D
Smart watches are awesome, albeit somewhat sensitive to moisture.

I guess it read your pulse, breathing, blood pressure, mental state and credit card :D
Smart watches are awesome, albeit somewhat sensitive to moisture.

No, the dive watch was just a regular analog watch. No way would my Apple Watch go underwater, except maybe in a swimming pool!

I put my watch upside down (don't ask me why - too embarrassing) and when I tried to correct that, the NATO strap and all were just too "delicate".

On the surface the NATO straps are nice and lightweight and come in all possible color combinations, though.

And now I want a nice dive watch with a blue dial... just to show off I guess...
But then I have this boring tool, too.

Back
Top Bottom