Wearing a Computer Over a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where should I position my dive computer when diving dry? On my wrist (over the seals) or further up the arm? If you mount it on the arm, won't it slide down? My thinking is that you would need it pretty tight to prevent that from happening. And if it's that tight, won't it give you major squeeze below it?

Not seal... Over the glove neck.... I think that is the right place. If you put it on your arm, it should be tight and you don't have that much length left.... It used to make you nervous....

jiveturkey:
Where should I position my dive computer when diving dry? On my wrist (over the seals) or further up the arm? If you mount it on the arm, won't it slide down? My thinking is that you would need it pretty tight to prevent that from happening. And if it's that tight, won't it give you major squeeze below it?

triton94949:
I wear mine on my left wrist just above the seal.
Me too, only on right wrist. I removed the band and replaced it with surgical tubing for a nice (but not too tight) fit. Picture below:

jiveturkey:

Where it:

1: Where it is most visible to you when diving. I find that anywhere beween the first 2/3rds of my forearm and my wrist works for me.
2: Where it is not likely to come off as you pull off your BC... Belive me, I know from experience that spending an hour feeling around in muck to find the computer you just spent $500 on is not fun....

James

Hey Rick, nice setup...

jiveturkey...I have mine on the right wrist, but I have zip seals, so there is a raised ring just above the seal. I place my computer just above that ring. I never worry about how tight it is, since as long as it's smaller than the ring, it will not fall off. I can even take my suit off between dives and leave the computer on the suit (on purpose or by accident...)

Forearm, where ever it is comfortable and readable, and preferably with some type of expandable/retractable retention band(s). ie. bungees or ribbed rubber strap

Avoid putting it on the seal. This would be uncomfortable if your cuff keeps pushing it into the top of your hand, and it could potentially compromise the seal causing a leak.

i'm a newbie dry diver, but i've had no problems with my Aeris Atmos 2 on its
original strap. i strap it onto my right arm, above the seal-cuff joint... maybe
two inches from my wrist. it's never bothered me.

I wear two gauges on my right arm, and a slate and compass on the left. I slide everything down close enough to my wrist to allow me to bend my wrist without restriction but no more. So, I have some of the bungee over the seal and some over the suit material. You might have to play with the length adjustment for a bit until you get it just tight enough to keep from moving around but loose enough not to cut off circulation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom