wear bc onto plane?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robiwan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone just worn their BC through security (take off for xray) and just put it in the luggage hold above, just like it was their jacket? BC's take up a lot of room in a bag?
TIA, Robi

LOL...an interesting idea. You are a problem solver...however, I wonder how much extra time you will spend with security when you try this. I would expect the TSA to get so excited they wet themselves when you come walking up.

I never would have thought to do that for the same reason OldNSalty figured you would have troubles. I am stunned to hear (but do believe them of course) that people do it without issue. It is rare that the TSA stuns me in a positive way.

I will refrain from being the person that introduces other alternatives :rofl3:

heres how i hear the new age day of gettin it through is --- :mooner:
hahaha yeaaa ill be the guy

You have a great idea! Just get a bag that fits into your tank straps; Strap it in and wear it like a backpack! Easily fits in the overhead space. I'm going to try.

heres how i hear the new age day of gettin it through is --- :mooner:
hahaha yeaaa ill be the guy

I was referring to switching to a less bulky BP&W but if you can fit a BC into your :mooner: then....well :shocked:....just kidding.

I think wearing it could have its merit but I wonder how the airports that are not used to seeing dive equipment all the time would react. Scubamamma5....it looks like you are in areas where there would be high diver transit. Have you ever flown through non-diving locations this way? What was the reaction?

A DM I met Saturday mentioned this and said she will not put her hoses in any case or compartment. She said they tend to get stolen out of luggage. She just keeps them on her person during the flight. TSA sees enough of them that they do not have a problem with them.

I wouldn't wear a black stab jacket into an airport for any reason.

Back
Top Bottom