We might have a winner!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Frankc420 (my dive buddy) and I went scouting for place to dive today. We found one REALLY good spot that might be a diving mecca. The top was clear if not clearer than ABWA from the surface. Granted, we have NO idea what the depths look like.

Tomorrow we are going to don our masks and fins and do a little exploring around this find. I'm hoping it's going to be clear all the way to the bottom. We've heard several different depths, some 20 feet or so to 100 or even more to 300 plus feet. I'm hoping at least 100. If not 20 will be fine as Frank and I can get out of the 8' pool. :)

I'll post a report on what we find out tomorrow.

Michael

*crosses fingers*

GM owns the land, so I'm pulling some strings to see if we can talk to the big dawg to get permission to dive it. We're not even supposed to swim in it, but we're going to just to see if it's even worth pursuing.

Be careful. I've been shot at, ummm, scouting new dive locations :shakehead

Good Luck!

AL

hmmm stealth diving, play like a Navy seal, get some night vis,drive up no lights,Practice setting up in the dark no lights, then slip silently into the wet, and then carefully egress out after dive.....can be fun just don't get caught...

Well, it was a MAJOR let down. We had dreams of 100+ viz and deep deep holes. NOTHING. Viz was about 10 feet or so if the sun was out and the deepest we went was about 18-20'. That sucked.

But, on the other hand we will be able to dive there (at least legally once we get the "ok") to do our skills and self training. It's a lot better than the pool we were in.

There are a few more lakes around and again we've heard other thing about them too. I'd just hate to get let down twice, you know? ;|

Michael

Here is the hole we swam today. We literally swan the whole thing. I sure we would've looked at google first.

Michael

This is the other "big" lake there but, I can't really tell if it'd be worth looking at.

Michael

Adventures like that are always fun!

The smaller one above the first referenced one looks deep than the one we did today. Since the 2nd one you posted has the wind blowing on the water, it's hard to determine depth...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom