We made it to Reef House!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, my lady & I made it to Reef House, and it is everything people have been saying about it here. I will post a detailed trip report later, (as is my habit..:D)but suffice it for now to say that this place is great. The shore diving right off the front of the place is some of the best I have ever seen (Bonaire excepted:eyebrow:) and Mike the owner/host goes out of his way to facilitate everything. But, those of you who have been here already know that, don't you:coffee:. Anyway, time to go- I will post much more later. Woody

Awesome, have fun! Say HI to Davitt and Choco from Federico y Marita :)
And tell Davitt that Lady Gaga says hi as well!

Oops, looks like the weather is gonna make things interesting... Tropical depression 15 you say? At least it looks like it will hold off untill the dive trip is finished, but it might be kind of dicey getting out of here on Saturday afternoon.:idk: Mike says that they cancel flights at the drop of a hat down here, especially Delta, and three guesses which one we are almost all on.:mooner: Well, we will soon see, won't we. At least it is at the end of the trip, which has been great so far.
Stay tuned, kiddies. Woody

Oops, looks like the weather is gonna make things interesting... Tropical depression 15 you say? At least it looks like it will hold off untill the dive trip is finished, but it might be kind of dicey getting out of here on Saturday afternoon.:idk: Mike says that they cancel flights at the drop of a hat down here, especially Delta, and three guesses which one we are almost all on.:mooner: Well, we will soon see, won't we. At least it is at the end of the trip, which has been great so far.
Stay tuned, kiddies. Woody

you are right....we had a little tropical storm in June while we were there and one of our group was on Delta and she got to spend an extra night the rest of left and it really wasn't that bad....looks like Matthew might be a bit of a blow....it is coming in weird more to the south which means the south side might get the brunt of it...hopefully it will turn...good luck and keep posting:)

Well, we just got back from our third dive of the day, and I must say it was a little interesting out there. (Did you know that there is an ancient chinese curse which loosely translated says "may you live in 'interesting' times" ?) We got back OK, though, and while I had been contemplating a shore dive before dark tonight, the sight of those 3 foot tall breakers crashing over the end of the dock out in front seems to have dissuaded me.:shakehead: Mike tells me that these conditions have nothing to do with our friend Matthew, as he is still too far away to be affecting us yet. Hmmmm:hm: Well, as I said previously, we will soon see. It looks from the computer models to be centering Matthew right over us when our plane is scheduled to depart. Just ducky.:storm:
Once again, stay tuned folks. I will post more as this unfolds. Windy Woody

Doc R over at cocoview just posted on their chat board that half of their guests left today and the other half are leaving tomorrow and they are starting to board up....better check your flights to see if you can get out early....good luck

Well, two of us left today due to schedule problems elsewhere, and they could not risk being delayed here. If they close the entire airport tomorrow, they may get back some of their ticket money. We will see. So far Delta is standing firm and the flights are still on.:nailbiter: Tomorrow will tell the tale. So far the weather has not been too bad. A few tropical rainstorms, but very little wind. It appears that Matthew is moving below us on the mainland. Lets hope it stays down there.:praying:
More to come later. Woody

Looks like you should be ok if you are leaving this weekend. The road out of RH is dirt initally after you cross the channel so flooding might be a problem. I am sure Mike will put you up another night if there is a problem.

I was at Reef House with Woody this past week and yesterday when we left it was beautiful! No problems at all. I hate our friends left a day early but we all have choices to make and they made theirs. They had to pay $600 each for a one way ticket back to North Carolina. :(

As noted above, we got out on time with Delta, and experienced not the slightest problem with the flight, except that we cleared security in the Roatan airport, and then they made us go through it all over again just before they let us board the plane. :idk: Ah well, the joys of traveling. Except for the uncertainty over the weather, it was a great trip, and future trips are soon to be made better, as Mike is expecting to take delivery of his new bigger dive boat any day now. It is already in Roatan, and he is just waiting for papers to clear. I don' have details on the boat yet, as I forgot to ask him. I am sure others here know about it, though. Anyone? Woody

Back
Top Bottom