We lost the members location display in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just tap on their avatar

I asked that very question on the What's in the Upgrade thread. @Akimbo answered it in post 198.

If you are on a computer (as opposed to a tablet or smart phone), simply hover the cursor over the avatar of the person whose info you want to see. (Thanks to @Akimbo for the image.)
1633359285911-png.685097

But not the number of dives

You can always pull up a member’s profile and view their ‘About’ tab. That lists location, number of dives, and any of the other profile fields they choose to complete. Many of us put a good bit of info out there regarding our experience, locations dived, equipment, etc.

But not the number of dives
Now the "number of logged dives" appears!
But I do not like the new heading: in my case, I logged just some hundredths dives, in the seventies and in the eighties. When I started working as a pro, in 1985, I gave up entirely about this "logging" stuff, and I just continued simply COUNTING my dives, but without logging them.
So it is not fair that under my name you can read a number of logged dives greater than 1000, as in reality I have just, say, 200 logged, and the other 1500 are "unlogged"...

Thanks for adding that back in.

I find it useful to identify people who may need to be given a lot more slack.

Non-pros will accumulate dives very slowly — did about 100 hours last year but in 60 dives. A whole day out diving is normally only a single dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom