We lost a legend in Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy Harris

Executive Producer
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

Mr. Derek Perryman was the owner of Dive Dominica, a stronghold for divers in the great country of Dominica. He will be missed by all Dominica divers, the members of tourism, many people he touched throughout his life, and most of all, his awesome family. I read someone describe his life as “a life of love.”

I considered Mr. Derek Perryman a friend and I know that anyone who had the chance to meet him felt that same kindness that I felt the first time I met him. He passed suddenly on May 1, 2010, just a few days after we filmed in Dominica and with him at Dive Dominica. We will dedicate the Dominica episode of Into The Drink to our lost friend.

His son Daniel, Ginette, Derek’s loving wife, who made sure the entire crew was fed while pulling a 14-hour day of filming, and his entire family are without their rock. I would like to thank them for sharing him and his wisdom about life and diving with all of us who had the pleasure of stealing a moment on this planet with him.

To his son, Daniel, keep up the good family name and know that your father made an impact on my life. He made me feel important when I first started exhibiting at dive shows and would ask me to dinner. I always think of him when I am at tradeshows and want to go eat sushi and I am know I always will. Let’s go ice skating again!

Daniel has grown into a good man with the guidance of his father and great family. I am sure that he will keep Dive Dominica growing and providing great diving and sperm whale encounters to anyone who wants to see The Nature Island that is Dominica.

http://www.castlecomfortdivelodge.com/godiving.html

I will see you in my minds eye my friend.

Last edited:
I have had the pleasure of working with Derek and Ginette since the early 90's and he was a perfect gentleman in every way. In my opinion, he put diving on the map for Dominica and you always felt at home when you were a guest at Castle Comfort Lodge. I was in Dominica in May of 2009 and I never imagined it would be my last dive trip with Derek! I will miss him and I wish the very best to Daniel and Ginette.
To a great man- Derek Perryman!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom