We had a great time tonight!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
11 of us Southern Swampers got together this evening to dive and pig out on chili dogs. We did both! Well...THEY did, I stayed dry! But I kept the warm wetsuit water and hot chocolate going so that counts...doesn't it? There was Tony (ScubaTexasTony) and Brenda (Scuba Pup), Randy (SplashPro), Homey (HomeyLahma), Chris (ChrisP), Tina (Luv2dive2), Mark (Leiserom), Jose (Coldwater), Bob, Doug (Beast) and I. Steve (TPH) is still feeling under the weather so I'm sure he was toasty warm on the couch! Emma (GadgetGirl) was also missed.

It was nice to Jose (Coldwater) again, he's been absent recently due to work travel. His dry suit was in fine shape and Beast had an envious gleam in his eye! Speaking of drysuits, ChrisP was still getting used to his new one. It's probably a good thing Chris isn't a little taller....Beast would be wrestling him for it. Especially after seeing Chris peel out of the suit wearing his sweater and jeans he wore down! Guess I better start saving for a drysuit....

Randy (SplashPro) brought his pictures from Cozumel. His Queen Angel shots are awsome. Ask him about the shark pics :wink: He's still grinning with the Coz afterglo!

Jose brought us a new Swamper, Bob. The requirement to be a Swamper is to dive with us. Well, Bob isn't certified yet but anyone who will don a wetsuit to snorkel at night and free dive head first into grass he can't see makes the cut with us! I think we convinced him to get that C-card and we'll look forward to diving with him.

Mike started the bonfire while the divers were in the water for the first dive. The viz was reported to be very low, measured in inches. Tina and I didn't dive but we enjoyed watching the dive lights split, come back together and wander off again!

The menu.....Appetiser: Rotel cheese and assorted dips. Main course: Chili dogs, chips and pickles. Desert: Peach cobler. You can't get much better than that!

No one really wanted to leave, we were having such a good time. But tomorrow is a work day and those alarm clocks go off mighty early, so we started packing up around 9pm. Jose, Bob and Mark got away before we took the group picture but we'll get 'em next time. We WILL be doing this again!

Here's a few pics...

Randy feeling the cold water in his suit...

Beast rigging his buddy, Sling Tank...

Brenda making a slow entry

Homey headed to the fire...

The fire...

The group...

To see the whole album....Album

It was a great time! I'll get the weighting issue fixed with the drysuit before I hop in the lake again, thanks again to Tony for getting me out of that fix! :eek:hno:

The food and company was great as always and I look forward to seeing everyone again.

The pic's look like ya'll are haveing fun, wish I could make it to some of these week day/night events.

I spent my evening working on my sons truck and the worst part is I still have not got it fixed.

GeekDiver once bubbled...
I spent my evening working on my sons truck and the worst part is I still have not got it fixed.

See...you shoulda come to the party! :wink:

Just an echo of thanks for the food and good times we had last evening. Great shark pics Randy! Pete, that's what a dive buddy is there for. Search and Recovery tomorrow. Dee, I'll attach the missing picture of you tonight... :wink: Beast......see ya on the bottom this weekend.
Homey, don't work too hard this weekend. Tina.....looks like you had horns in our picture....LOL Was great to see Jose again and meet our up and comming new addition Bob.

tony

Steve, hope that toe heals soon.
and Mark, looking forward to next years diving....got a mask for sale I heard.

What a blast!!!!We must do that again,and I'll bring my tent next time......Hey Splashpro,nice shark pics....:D

Thanks everyone for a great time. :) It's great to have such
a wonderful group to hang out with. The food was great and
the fire kept us nice and warm. Can't wait to see everyone
again.

P.S. - Thanks for the horns Tony.

Tina

had a real great time seeing everyone. that water looked pretty
chilly. thanks to everyone. hope to get out there again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom