We be divin'!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ScubaTexasTony and Lil' Pup, Hoover and Nina, and Beast and I are heading out to Balmorhea State Park in the wee early hours in the morning. The clear, freshwater spring with a toasty temp of 74-76º is calling my name! Brenda and I have been out of the water since October and the pool just ain't cuttin' it no more!

The weather forcast in West Texas is supposed to be sunny in the mid 60's to low's of low 40's at night. I'm taking a wetsuit but sure do hope I won't need it.

Ya'll play nice. Tony and I should have some purty pictures for ya Monday or so.

Have fun and be safe. Hope the weather holds out and you get lots of clear diving with warm SI. Since both Dee and Tony have cameras I expect to see lots of pics.

Hope you guys have a good time!

We were there last weekend (Feb 21-22-23). Water temp around 77, 50' vis. 21' max depth, sure is a neat place in the middle of West Texas.

Dee, Doug, Davis, & Nina we're taking the scenic route so I'm guessing they'll roll in around midnight...
We got all unloaded and I had to look at pics and put a couple up on Allenhost for the family and friends to look at. Water was 73-75 and when the wind was blowing, it was REAL hard to get out of and run for the towels and clothes. If you haven't done Balmorhea, it's worth the long haul; and it's best during the weekdays due to the large amount of students in the pool on the weekends.
Look forward to seeing all you folks soon, and here's one pic Dee and I both liked.... more at allenhost.com/gallery

tony
aaq.sized.jpg

We got home at 7pm. Leaving at 9am, it was a full 10 hour drive but we stopped often to stretch our legs, take a picture and buy gas.

I haven't had time to download all the pictures so I'll get a trip report done sometime tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom