We are headed your way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting gear ready- I hope to see some NorCal divers!

Where are you diving?

Chuck
So far, we are on the Monterey Express Saturday. I was hoping to get into Lobos but so far, no luck. We are open to another easy shore dive Sunday AM.

Trip Report:
Went out on the Monterey Express Saturday and had a great time with the crew. The dives however did not work out so well. On the first dive we dropped through a literal swarm of sea nettles 30' deep only to find out that my lovely bride's computer went blank and she is in near panic after dropping through the nettle storm so up we went.
On the plus side, we did see you Chuck out in your boat along with at least 6 humpbacks whales feeding (let hope nettles were on the menu), absolutely beautiful weather and met some really nice people on board. Dinner that night with our friends at the Chart House was great as well.

The next morning we went looking for future shore dive sites (Computer still broken and Marian had no desire to dive). We stopped into Seven Seas Scuba, right next to Breakwater Cove and we greeted by a very helpful and super friendly staff. They took the time to show Marian and I the sites, where to park and said we could use their shop for surface intervals. Of course we would get out air from them as well but they never even suggested it. We are going back a to dive the cove and a special thanks the the Captain and crew of the Monterey Express and the nice folks at Seven Seas!

I just need to know when the best time of year to dive that cove?

Links Scuba Dive Monterey and Carmel on the Monterey Express! and Seven Seas Scuba - PADI Dive shop, Dive Certifications, Scuba Lessons, Dive Gear, Equipment Service, Dive Tours but they seem to be more on Facebook.

I just need to know when the best time of year to dive that cove?

Breakwater is pretty my our fall back dive site.... it's our training ground and our bunny slopes. It's dive-able when most other sites are washed out. It's also the easiest as far as support and logistics. It's also a great place for a night dive. So for a short answer to your question: "anytime"

Attachments

• Breakwater_Map_Large_v2.jpg
    Breakwater_Map_Large_v2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 96

Back
Top Bottom