We are doing it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perhaps not the best choice of words considering those same storms have caused 40 to 50 billion dollars in damages across your country and caused immeasurable suffering for a great many of your citizens not only in texas but elsewhere as well.
It's an ill wind that blows nobody good.

I met with him the other day - very nice guy, very clean operation.
Really has become the new gold standard for the island. Has become the primary filler for 3P. I can't remember how many times I was picking up tanks at Meridiano during peak times and found short fills and the employees just shrugged to say take it or leave it.

I thought Meridiano too was membrane but someone a few months said they weren't - I never went back down to ask/ Aldora is membrane, i didn't look real close at the guy next to them.

I have seen the liquid O2 tanks at Meridiano in the non scuba bay....

Mediano has peen partial fill nitroxalong. That is why Aldora has a Membrane system )max 40% That is why thy Medriano can provide 100% to Hospitals while Aldora can't. Also why Aldora can't give you a dangerous mix .

Dave Dillehay

Mediano has peen partial fill nitroxalong. That is why Aldora has a Membrane system )max 40% That is why thy Medriano can provide 100% to Hospitals while Aldora can't. Also why Aldora can't give you a dangerous mix .

Dangerous mix...

I think he means with too much oxygen, which would become toxic at shallower depths than nitrox.

Only dangerous if you don't test it, and know the mix.

Do you carry your own tester to Mexico?

Yes everywhere, and I bring a carbon monoxide tester. I even have a Trimix analyzer if I know that I am going to be diving mix.

But that wasn't his point. As a matter of physics, blenders can make higher % 02 mixes than membrane systems can.

Outside of pure non-breathable gases there is no such thing about dangerous gas, simply dangerous people. Analyze and label every tank for oxygen content the day of the dive. If a tank isn’t tested and labeled don’t dive it.

Outside of pure non-breathable gases there is no such thing about dangerous gas, simply dangerous people. Analyze and label every tank for oxygen content the day of the dive. If a tank isn’t tested and labeled don’t dive it.
Semantics. He was talking about physics and you are talking about practices. You are both correct.

Back
Top Bottom