Watson Murder Case - Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope Tommy Thomas and family can find a positive channel for their pain.
It will take a long time to come back from hatred, if it's even possible.
It's good of you to be willing to talk with him.

That's one reason that it's sort of a shame that the trial didn't run it's course.
I know he feels cheated.
While I doubt that any jury would have convicted Gabe for murder 1, you just never know what a jury might do until they they do it.

I have read your analysis and learned a lot from it.

Thanks. It has been suggested that Gabe should not have talked to anyone before talking to a lawyer. Sounds like technically that is correct, but personally, I'd have been more suspicious if he was that calculating after the dive.

The problem with grand juries is that they are not part of an adversary system. No one may object to what evidence is presented or cross examine witnesses. In most jurisdictions, there is no dicoverable transcript. The process is secret - so who know who said what to the grand jury or even if said the same thing at trial.

Hi Bluesy...

It's just words, but I think that is why it's a Dismissal. If it had gone thru defense, to the jury, and not convicted, then it'd be an Acquittal. Again, just words, but with different meanings.

Yeah, I was amazed that they actually took it to trial, but then I wouldn't want to be in an Alabama courtroom for anything. Our states and respective aspects differ a lot at times, but it's a big country put together by piecemeal in our history. Well, once could say the same for the UK and even the English language I suppose. :idk:

Thank you. Sorry hear about your family friend as well as that effect on you, but glad you have thought thru it some here. My mom's brothers scared her about water as a child and I don't think I remember her ever getting in when we went swimming or to a lake. I have a thing for heights that comes and goes.

No, I think the Grand Jury should have thrown it out. A defense deserves a day in court, as does a plaintiff, but not a prosecutor. Alabama politics. :shakehead:

How do you think Tina drowned with a regulator in her mouth?
Objection your honor. Calls for speculation on actions no one witnessed.

How do you think Tina drowned with a regulator in her mouth?
I don't know how people drown in a bath tub, but it happens.

Dandydon...I am not sure why no one has called you on this yet. Gabe was acquitted. The case was dismissed. Both things happened.

Clownfishsydney...

I know you are traveling and can only answer in bits and pieces. Is it possible for you to comment on his actions after the incident? Cutting the flowers off the grave with bolt cutters, moving the body etc. We have all speculated that he likely felt animosity towards the Thomas family for basically accusing him of murder. Have you ever had the opportunity to discuss this with people close to him...his lawyers...family?
Thanks in Advance... Also, are you driving through Colorado? Would love to buy you and wife dinner and pick your brain!

Dandydon...I am not sure why no one has called you on this yet. Gabe was acquitted. The case was dismissed. Both things happened.
Oops. :blush: Ok, gotcha, thanks. I stand corrected once more.

Objection your honor. Calls for speculation on actions no one witnessed.
There has been a lot of postulating about the events prior to Tina's death from those who claim she was murdered. Strangely absent from my reading is any thorough attempt to reconstruct these events in detail assuming that Gabe's testimony was correct.

Given that he has been acquitted, it makes such an assessment seem all the more reasonable don't you think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom