Watson Murder Case - Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it looks like we get to see what evidence they came up with. I hope that it is something good if they are going to spend all that money on a trial.
It would be sad it they went to trial, spent the money, tied up CNN coverage, but had nothing more than we have seen so far.

It is the prosecutor's responsibility to pursue a viable case, but if you don't have it - drop it.

From the news.com.au article Dandy Don posted:

"Tina and Gabe's two-year courtship was turbulent and nearly ended in early 2003 when Tina took a romantic trip to Atlanta to visit a former boyfriend. Watson was angry when he learned about the fling but proposed to Tina two weeks later."

Interesting. In all my reading about this case, I don't think I'd read that before.

I originally thought that Gabe Watson was guilty. However, in September 2010 I found the transcript of the Queensland Police's interview with Gabe. As soon as I read the interview, I knew he was not guilty of murder. The main piece of information that the Police used to insist that he was guilty was that he lied about the computer, so he lied about everything. However, he did not lie about the computer, what he said was not understood by the Police. He clearly stated in my view that it was the transmitter that did not work. Thus the Police's main reasoning was false.

If you would like to read my take on this whole event, see my web site http://www.michaelmcfadyenscuba.info/viewpage.php?page_id=791 for an article that I first wrote in about 2009 and then updated with my new view in September 2010 and since as more information has become publicly available.

Summary: he was guilty of manslaughter by failing to make any real effort to save Tina, but he is not guilty of murder.

Last edited:
Michael your link didn't work:(

My system still didn't like the link but I finally got there. Interesting read!

I remember the police fumbling over the dive computer & transmitor batteries. Sloppy.

"Tina and Gabe's two-year courtship was turbulent and nearly ended in early 2003 when Tina took a romantic trip to Atlanta to visit a former boyfriend. Watson was angry when he learned about the fling but proposed to Tina two weeks later."

Interesting. In all my reading about this case, I don't think I'd read that before.
I remember him being mad about the fling being mentioned. I see how that can be played but it's weak.

He posted the right link but it fails still...??

You can search for michaelmcfadyenscuba.info to find his site at Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site (or click that link as I think it works ok) then go to Diving Incidents.

There are several mentions in some of the news links of the alleged affair that Gabe was angry about, but I've never seen much info about it. Gabe's anger over the alleged affair has been mentioned in this thread as a possible contributing factor if it was murder.

This article gives more details than we've read before about a couple of other things such as the amounts of the work and travel (claim withdrawn) policies. It says that Gabe and Tina bought the matrimonial home together, whereas some articles in the past stated that Gabe was living in Tina's house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom