Watershot / Stryker Lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is late to the thread but I finally got a chance to dive the Watershot Stryker Pro (700 lumen) light at night. I have the 2011 model and understand the new ones are ever brighter. I had used it during day dive a few times so was already sold on how easy this light is to use. The compact battery and soft hand mount are a joy to use. The battery charges quickly and holds easily enough for 2-3 daytime dives in our sometimes murky So Cal waters- it was really great at peering under rocks and into crevasses, and into some shallow caverns.

But at night this thing really rocks. I like the spread of the beam with just enough of a hot spot to still be useful as a signal light. It easily outshined all the other handheld lights on the dive, including the two 900 lumen led video lights I have for my camera. Even with the baggage weight restrictions I was happy to have it along, as it is so light and compact (I have the smaller battery) it hardly makes sense to take a standard type light.

All in all I think this could be one of the best lights on the market. Now to save up for that dual light head (1 spot beam, 1 broad beam)......That could be the ultimate underwater light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom