waterproof wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterproof Wet-suits?? :06:

Are'nt wet suit's inherently '...well...... WET? :D ( Just teasin ya ):wink:

On a serious note.. a 7mm with 5mm core shorty over should be pretty warm for fall/early winter diving.... although you may be wet....lol

I normally dive my 5.6.7 until October

No such thing as a waterproof wet suit. It would be a dry suit if it were waterproof. I would go with a 7mm full suit in that water.

Uh-oh, I should clarify - "Waterproof" is a brand name (maybe they are not common in the US though, Swedish made I think). I'm looking at the 7mm one peice suit with a 5mm shorty over suit. They look great, I'm just not sure how comfortable this arrangement would be in UK temperature waters. Thanks for the comments, all appreciated!

If you're mainly diving in the UK, you'll be approximately 10,000% more comfortable diving in a drysuit.

joanna05:
I have been looking at the Libra Waterproof Wetsuits, 7mm with 5mm Aries shorty, has anybody any experience of these and do they offer enough protection for diving in UK waters during the Autumn/early winter.
One of the best suits I have ever seen, good choice for cold water if you don't want dry suit.
If you do, the Draco made by Waterproof is a top quality suit at a very affordable pric.

ciao, mart

i have their 5mm lynx and love it, with a 3/2 hooded vest under I am toasty warm in the water i generally dive in, which is usually 65 surface with 55 down below

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom