Waterproof Wetsuit Sizing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikolay_zhelev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi fellows,

I'm going to buy Waterproof W4 7mm wetsuit, but I'm between two sizes and can not decide which one to buy.

My chest, waist and hips measurments are for ML size, but the rest is M size. Also now I'm in my most fatty condition and I'm afraid if I loose weight the suit will be loose.

Can you advise me which size to choose? If I go for M, I'll rely on the streching property of the neoprene for my current body and if I go with ML, the suit will be perfect fit now, but as soon I loose weight it will be loose.

Unfortunately my local dive shop does not offer me the option to test both sizes, because they don't have it in stock.

Regards,
Nick

For the price of a W4 7mm, I would spend a bit more and get a dry suit, instead. Now that I have a dry suit I like, I really wish I had not bought a 7mm or a 5mm. I expect to only use my 3/2 wetsuit or my dry suit from now on.

Also, the fit on a tri-lam dry suit will be a lot more forgiving than a 7mm wetsuit, so something that fits you well now should still be fine after you lose the weight.

Apologies for having no helpful info on the WP suit sizing, which is what you actually asked about.

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your reply. I own a second hand dry suit - trilaminate, but it's not my best fit. I don't want to invest huge amount of money into another dry suit, that's why now I'm looking for a quality wetsuit for spring/autum diving.

Btw my dry suit requires a lot of maintenance and the annual service cost (seals and dry zipper replacement) makes it even more expensive.

Any help with waterproof brand will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Nick

Hey Nick,

All I can say is that if it were a 3mm suit, I could probably live with one that was technically too small around the upper body. But, I think a 7mm would be so thick and constrictive that I don't think I would like it at all to have one that was "too small" around my upper body.

Bear in mind that most find suits by Waterproof to run a tad small. Given that if you're between measurements it may be wise to go to the higher size. If you have any questions about sizing hit us up! 815-267-8400.

Btw my dry suit requires a lot of maintenance and the annual service cost (seals and dry zipper replacement) makes it even more expensive.
Unless you dive every day and multiple SIs without the dry suit on every time you shouldn't have to replace the zipper every year. If you go to one of the many replaceable wrist seal options and the SITech neck ring you can replace those yourself on site.

Back
Top Bottom