Waterproof w2 stretchy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm interested in the waterproof w2. I haven't been able to find any info on the neoprene. Anybody who has one, is it stretchy like henderson hyper stretch?

Since no one else has answered: I am going to guess "no." I say that because I have three of Waterproof's same/similar suits but just the previous generation (and I don't detect a major neoprene change). I have the 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm versions.

These are not super-stretchy neoprene. I won't say they are "rigid," but I have tried on the hyper-stretchy suits and these are not like that. I believe the Waterproof neoprene is less compressible though, which probably gives it better insulative performance.

Also, the suits are cut with quite a few panels, which "shapes" them (so the suit is more tailored to fit rather than stretchy to fit, if that makes sense). Also, they come in a very large variety of sizes (again, to fit via shape).

I love both of my Waterproof suits and find them to be very well made and with some nice features. That said, if you are looking for super-stretchy, you might be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom