Waterproof W2 first impressions !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was very excited to give this suit a try. I wasn't able to find alot of info on them. Got a killer deal at Leisurepro.

Arrived in a nice Waterproof box. That's a first. Suit was packaged nice with styrofoam rolls were the suit was folded to prevent creases while shipping.

The suit looks absolutely amazing! Reminds me of a full leather suit for motorcycle racing. Appears to be very well made and not cheap in any way. I love the ankle, wrist, and front neck zipper.

The neoprene is not stretchy at all. Especially for me coming from a Henderson Hyperstretch. The plush interior makes it easy to get on when dry. Now I'm really feeling like a MotoGP racer.

I'm 6', about 205lb. Ordered a size large. The suit in general fits well. Because the neoprene is not stretchy it's tough to bend over. The forearm smooth seals fit well but the neoprene from the elbow down is too large and will let water flow between..

So I guess I'm on the border. Not stretchy at all and little big in the arms. Hated the Henderson H2. Couldn't get my arms through the wrists, built for a beer belly and I'm not quite there yet. I might be able to scrape up a new Hyperstretch . Haven't been able to get in a new Aqualock but think the neoprene might not be stretchy as well..

Anybody else have experience with W2? I'll chime in again when I get it in the water!

Had the suit in the pool today. Easy to get on while wet. Nice and warm compared to my Hyperstretch. Little bit of water in the small of my back. The popeye forearms seem to even more annoying then when dry. Noticed the calves were a little big today but not horrible. The front neck zipper was very convenient and made the suit a little more comfortable when pulling it down a bit. Hard to bend over and get on my fins.. A couple more inches in torso length would help I think. Easy to get off. Still on the fence. Bonaire in two weeks - if it doesn't go back before then.

I have a W1 which is basically the same suit but a front zip. I've had to replace it once because of a tear in the glideskin, but I think that was a production issue with the gluing of the seams.

Mine also came in the box nicely package. Its very easy to get into but a pain to get out (front zip issue). I love the Hextex lining though its very comfortable and the suits are very nice looking.

So I decided to try the large tall. Better in the torso and able to bend over better. But the popeye forearms and the baggyness in the the calves just aren't working for me. Too bad for me that this suit doesn't fit better. Both are going back. : ( It really is a nice suit, I just don't know who it's gonna fit.....

Thanks goes to Joe at Scubatoys. He got me the LTall suit in a hurry when LP didn't have it. And Joe was great to talk with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom