Waterproof light meter with temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

josh37

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello every one,
I am not sure if this is the best place but here it is.

I am in need of some help, I am looking for a light meterthat is waterproof and measures color temperature. I am doing a school project aboutthe affects of water and debris on light. My plan Is to (over the summer) SCUBA divesome local bodies of water and measure the amount of light and temperature atdifferent depths. If anyone has an idea let me know.

I dont know of any waterproof light meters but it would seem easy enough to put one into a clear waterproof box. as for temperature, do you mean color temp or water temp?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Like this? Sekonic Color Meter: C-500 ProDigi Color - Overview

c-500_color_meter_thumb_mw_1076_h_367.jpg

The PRODIGI COLOR C-500 displays and measures color temperature and compensation values in LB/CC index or filter numbers forboth digital and film cameras. In Digital mode, the color temperature and compensation readings are based on human visual response. In Film mode,readings are based on the color characteristics of traditional photographicfilm. By engineering the spectral characteristics of both systems into a single meter, Sekonic designers have given you greater control over lighting and color reproduction than ever before, regardless of your medium.

They're $1200+ - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=558948&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Ewa-Marine sells a complete line of u/w bags that are soft sided so you could access the controls. - this one is good to 100M (328')
Ewa-Marine DUS-3 Electronics EM DUS-3 B&H Photo Video

Not sure if you could turn that control wheel inside the bag though - or if you'd need to during use. You should be able to press all the buttons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom