Waterproof Case for money, keys, seacard etc...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. I've been looking at the Otter boxes. Some people say they've never been let down by them well below 100 feet and other say they flood often. I guess it all comes down to the o-ring and making sure nothing is contaminating it like a hair or something. I know it's not a catastrophy if it floods with a few cards, keys, and cash in it, but it would still be nice to have something that might keep them dry. I definitely feel much safer keeping my valuables with me while diving rather than leaving them topside with strangers around.

I liked that suggestion for the other brand that's rated to 130'. I'll have to see what info I can find on it.....

I've used these down to 100' and not so much as a drop inside.
Aquapac Mini Whanganui
I'm not sure I'd trust them for everything, but wallet, keys, cash, etc. it works great.
They are nice and compact so they fit well in a BC pocket.

Does anyone make a small case for carrying valuables with you when you're actually diving?

I've found countless small cases on Leisurepro that look perfect but when you read the fine print they're only good for keeping things dry at the surface. It really seems
to me that someone would make a case about 3 inches wide, 5 inches long and an inch thick that you could use to take your stuff with you in your BC pocket when you go down. After all, I put an expensive nikon in a case and take it with me every time I dive!

You might want to look at PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) canisters like the one on the link OMS 660' Depth Rated Canister, Clear (BCA-298)

They are usually rated to few hundred feet You cannot fit you wallet most likely as they are cylinder shape but you can fit in a lot of stuff as PLBs are pretty big.

My thing on this subject is: Why take stuff underwater with you that you cannot use! I can understand people taking Passports, money etc with you but why not leave such extra stuff at the dive shop of hotel! When I dive locally from the beach, anything I do not need goes in the car and the key goes aroung my neck! Do not try this with an electronic though unless you want to walk home!

When I dive locally from the beach, anything I do not need goes in the car and the key goes around my neck!
I lock my goodies in the glove box and leave the key to my Jeep under the front seat, and my vehicle unlocked. As far as I can tell, anyone else there seems to do the same thing - most people do not even close their rear door(s) or tailgate.

No need for my cash or credit cards underwater - I've yet to find anyplace to spend money down there. No need for my Jeep key either - it would be a bitch to lose it down there :)

Well I bought one. We stopped by Diver's Direct in Florida City on our way to Islamorada the other day and I decided to pick up one of those cheap $6 Trident thin cases with an o-ring. I took it on 4 dives and to 86 feet and it didn't flood. I'm still not planning to put anything in it that won't just dry out like a key fob, but it's great for what I bought it to do. Now I'm just curious as to how deep I have to take it before it fails! :D

if you have a trailerhitch on you car/truck and are shore diving innovative scuba makes a trailerhitch safe that you can put keys and small items in and uses a code to open it. have you looked into otter boxes i find they have many diffrent styles and sizes that may meet your needs the issue with any box is that it is going to be boyant due to the air traping i solved this by supper gluing a piece of flat bar steel to it and solved that problem

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom