Waterproof bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TayzGpa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for suggestions on a waterproof bag.
I would like to carry my drivers license, credit card and a few bucks with me when I dive but dont relish leaving them on the boat.
Thought about just putting them in a small freezer bag inside my bcd. Think that would work?

I am looking for suggestions on a waterproof bag.
I would like to carry my drivers license, credit card and a few bucks with me when I dive but dont relish leaving them on the boat.
Thought about just putting them in a small freezer bag inside my bcd. Think that would work?
Otter box makes some small plastic boxes that they claim are waterproof to 100 FSW. Otherwise, check out OMS Dive gear. They have two or three tube-style containers waterproof to 300ft.

Garv

P.S. I do not think Pelican boxes work to such depth.

Freezer bag could well work. For more confidence, double bag.

BUT since you don't want to lose the stuff, consider a means of tethering.

I'd just use a freezer bag. It's not like anything is going to be harmed by any leaks.

Credit cards and hotel magnetic door cards don't seem to be bothered by saltwater. Many times I have taken those for a swim or dive with no protection at all. People generally accept wet cash, particularly in resort areas. I don't know about your driver's license, but it probably will do OK in saltwater also.

There is a range of small dry bags available from COUGHLANS (the manufacturer) which is ideal for your needs, if you squeeze all the air out of it before sealing it wont leak and its very robust so theres little chance of damaging it on the dive and getting a leak.

Just get yourself a wallet that you wont mind getting wet (nylon is probally best) and put your creditcard certcard DL and a few bucks in it and attach that to your gear. I usually clip mine between my plate and backpad. US Currency wont be destroyed if it gets wet a couple of times...

Back
Top Bottom