Waterproof 3mmm Capri wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBO MD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased the 3mm Waterproof Capri wetsuit for a recent trip to Palau. I had not heard of this brand previously, but was curious after reading about it in a short mention in a popular magazine. Their comment was that it was "stiffer" than the latest stretch type suits as the manufacturer does not want the compressibility at depth of the stretch neoprene.
Well, on arrival out of the box it's a very cool looking suit. It is very well put together and it's obvious alot of thought has gone into it. Neck zip so the collar doesn't strangle you, back zip. It was indeed somewhat stiffer than the stretch neoprene, but by the same token it felt that it wouldn't have the potential gaps to allow water to flow and cool me.
This proved true once in the water. I also dicovered that it was more bouyant than my other 3mm stretchy suit, needing some extra weight to be added to my BC. Nevertheless, it was comfortable and performed well. It was more resistant to scuffs and damage overall than the stretchy suit and emerged from the trip looking like new rather than my stretch neoprene suit which had taken a beating.
I recommend it.
Safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom