water temps Oahu Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey sistahs and bras!

I'm wondering what the water temps will be like off Oahu and of Kona. I chill quickly and am wondering what suit to haul along to the islands come the first couple weeks of April!

Thanks!:D
Pamela

I doubt that Kona is much different than here....should be in the mid to upper 70's +/- a bit.

If you have take a 3mm you should be great. Shortie's might be fine. If you can take both. You can check NOAA and get daily water temps and conditions. Isn't the net wonderful? I do not know you "cold range". Make sure you keep track of ocean conditions and forecasts before you leave.

I dove Oahu all the way from the north shore (almost) to the southern parts. Made alot of beach dives also. After the boat dives if you'd like to get more in check with local shops to find shore spots.

Never done Kona, dove Kauai instead.

Water temp on this past weekend's dives was 73.

I froze my patootie off - just ordered a 5/4 wetsuit that I'll be using with my hooded vest underneath.

But if you're used to cooler water, a full 3mm should be ok.

I dove Kewalo pipe last weekend (south shore) and Baby Barge (also south shore) and water temps were 74-75 on both sites (40~50fsw and 60~70fsw respectively).

Some where in the upper 70's to mid 80's....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom