Water temperature Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Girlindependent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm diving in Kauai in the next couple of weeks and was wondering which wetsuit to pack!

Anyone tell me what the current temperature is (ideally at depth rather than surface temp!). I ha e a 3mm long sleeve shortie I'm dying to try out, and thinking with a rashie underneath I might be okay. Otherwise it's my 6mm shortie.

Thanks!

I was just there two weeks ago. My wife and I took 3mm and so did the dive masters. Water temp is listed at about 76 degrees but on the surface it was approaching 79.

Hey Girlindependent,

Water temp is currently 75-76. We provide 5/3mm full suits for our divers. A 3mm will workout great for you!! If you are diving multiple days while here, you may want to bring a full suit, it will depend if you start getting cold after a number of dives.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, ask away!! :)

Hey Girlindependent,

Water temp is currently 75-76. We provide 5/3mm full suits for our divers. A 3mm will workout great for you!! If you are diving multiple days while here, you may want to bring a full suit, it will depend if you start getting cold after a number of dives.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, ask away!! :)

Thanks Mike. I'm here now, with my 3mm shortie, so I'll just have to manage. I just stuck my feet in the sea at the beech and it was a bit nippy... I may have to buy myself a rash vest!

Welcome to Kauai!!

If you get cold, just rent a suit with your dives. I think it is $10 for the rental with us, Fathom Five.

I hope you get some great dives in while your here!! :)

Welcome to Kauai!!

If you get cold, just rent a suit with your dives. I think it is $10 for the rental with us, Fathom Five.

I hope you get some great dives in while your here!! :)

Thanks Mike! I can't wait to get out (next Tuesday) in the meantime I'm enjoying the gorgeous scenery. What a beautiful island you have here. Stunning.

Jut wanted to say, we had a great time in Kauai - what a stunning island, particularly the north.

Diving was great, especially the Caverns and Amber's Arches. I was fine in my 3mm shorty and rash vest... Might try that combo in Egypt next year.

I'll be writing some stuff on my blog eventually - once I'm over the jet lag ;-)

http://girl-independent.com

Back
Top Bottom