Water temp in June and sea conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried to a search for this and it wasn't helpful.

What is the average water temperature for the upper keys in early June? What are the conditions normally like (calm flat seas, windy, etc)? Assuming of course that there isn't an early hurricane.

summer is the best time with water in the 80s and seas generally calm, viz around 50-80 feet and bluer water

deeper thoughts:
summer is the best time with water in the 80s and seas generally calm, viz around 50-80 feet and bluer water

That's what I thought. I'll be there in June and after freezing in Hawaii this week in a 3/2 mm I wanted to double check the water temps in the Keys :wink:

Thanks

So about 82 F degrees on average for June.

What do you wear if you're doing 4 dives a day? A 3/2mm or do you stay with a skin or a .5mm?

I'm thinking 3/2mm

scubamickey:
So about 82 F degrees on average for June.

What do you wear if you're doing 4 dives a day? A 3/2mm or do you stay with a skin or a .5mm?

I'm thinking 3/2mm

Everyone is different. I wear a swim suit from mid May till Mid November, then I switch to a 3/2.

Walter:
Everyone is different. I wear a swim suit from mid May till Mid November, then I switch to a 3/2.

In 84 degree water I can wear a swimsuit and not get cold. But I was concerned about the heat loss when doing 4 dives a day. In 75 degree water in a 3/2 I freeze on the second dive. Or at least I did last week in Hawaii (no sun and windy).

scubamickey:

i get too cold with just a skin. normally, i'll wear the bottom half of my 3mm
farmer johns on top of a skin (that way my arms are also covered).

i can wear the full 3 mm farmer john set. it's not at all hot for me, even
with the "6mm effect" on the chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom