Water death...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, really, Gary has the most important point. How are YOU?

God...I hate recovering kids. And yes, the families can usually be very kind to you, but sometimes (this is as a mother of 3 speaking) it can be so hard to be kind in return. Like one I remember, a few years back, a call-out we had when a 4-year old went over the side of a boat wearing an adult life jacket and slipped right through it like butter.

I will also never understand why people who cannot swim a stroke go boating?? There was a whole pontoon boat (rented) of them go down. Several of them could not swim. I may never understand some people.

But like I was warned when I first went into the rescue/recovery/EMS field..."you will remember the face of every dead person you will ever see". And I have..every one of them. My greatest fear is what the divers found that recoverd the car of Susan Smith. That b**ch! Some things you can't turn off, you just have to wait until no one else is around. There is no shame in that.

And yes...this job does suck. But we are needed. Dive safe -Amy

Back
Top Bottom