Water behind eardrums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am working through the same problem at present. I did my OW cert dives on Saturday and Sunday (max depth = 35 ft). On Monday, a friend and I went diving and I hit a max of 62 ft at 50 degrees F. We had a blast, and I learned a ton about buoyancy working with my friend on my trim, etc.

Now, I have the water-logged ear issue. Reading about barotrauma on this board has been a big help. I am doing decongestants and chewing gum at present. I have tons of doctor friends (unfortunately no ENTs), and they've given me generally the same general advice that is found here: the problem usually resolves in several days to a week; oral decongestants might help the process along; go see an ENT if it is not resolving on its own; do a better job equalizing on the way down next time.

Gonna do my first night dive in about a week, so I am looking forward to that.

....and try out different ways to equalize. The valsalva seems to be th eonly thing taught by most instructors but not everyone can do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom