Watching a jillion clips straight through

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmorgan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m taking a stab at video with an Ace Pro. I was quickly reminded of one of my major frustrations when I tried GoPros years ago—the huge volume of files. I hope y’all can point me toward an app (IOS), program (Windows PCs), or strategy to click on the first mp4 in a folder and have playback move to the next file after playing the first, until the last file in the directory is played—basically, a “slideshow” of video. It’s frustrating to play one, go to the directory, find the next . . . Probably basic workflow, but I’ve not found it.

In windows, one of the default player programs is Media Player. After you open it by clicking on your video file,,,,go to the home screen by clicking on the little house icon in the upper left corner. Once on the home screen, a side bar will open on the left and one option will be "play que" . You can then a click on the plus button and add all the files in your directory. Can't help on Apple or android options.

Thank you

Pot player is my current favourite app for viewing videos. However considering the volume of clips to edit it is a sheer waste of time to view a 100 clips and then open a video editor to start viewing the clips again in order to cut and edit the wanted vs unwanted portions of the clips. You are better off viewing them in a video editor of your choice and doing the cuts at once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom