Watch what reviews you post about Thailand...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish people would stop reading ‘up to’ ( relating to fines/Max sentence) and then reporting/debating as though it’s 100% guaranteed that the individual will receive ‘that’ maximum punishment and how outrageous that is compared to the charge..

Personally, I liked the part of the story about him having to explain himself to the US Embassy.

He should quit worrying about getting a new job and start worrying about his trip home.

appropriate
Not appropriate. TA should remind users that they're not in Kansas anymore, and that laws are different elsewhere. Don't flame lest ye get your ass thrown in the pokey.

BTW, TA softened the wording from that quoted in the article.

Appropriate.
TA would not be able to verify the content of the review(bad or good). It is entirely up to the individual reader to decide on the matter!
I use my own judgement.

Appropriate.
TA would not be able to verify the content of the review(bad or good). It is entirely up to the individual reader to decide on the matter!
I use my own judgement.
That's actually my point. I read their notice as being anti hotel, rather than anti guest, or neutral. I feel it should be explicitly neutral. Others will read it the way they read it, and that's fine; that's how I read it and what my comment refers to.

I use my own judgment too. :cheers:

Yeah... I’m going to say that anyone above might have a different opinion if someone accused them of a crime in a public forum. This wasn’t a ‘pillows were too hard’ review. This was a structured attack in their business including unfounded accusations of illegal activity and they only pursued legal avenues after repeated attempts for direct contact and resolution with the individual failed.

it’s clearly evident that the hotel doesn’t challenge standard negative reviews. This wasn’t that. They have a right to protect their business and the livelihoods of their employees from egregious slander. Personally I wouldn’t stay at that hotel...but that just because it looks a bit crap, although they still have a right to challenge unfounded accusations of slave labour.

Eg. ‘there shouldn’t be freedom of speech if I decide to enact a campaign to paint you as a paedophile just because you pissed me off....and I refuse to believe that everyone above would have a ‘people can make up their own minds’ attitude to that campaign if I did..

‘Hey Phil...some guy is posting all over message boards and in public forums that you are a paedophile’

‘That’s their prerogative...people can make up their own minds..’....*said no one ever

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom