watch strap extension

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haneym

Reaction score
i have a freestyle hammerhead watch (kind of a poor mans citizen) that i wear all the time and use for diving. i have big hands and wrists though so just on my skin, the strap is on the 2nd to last hole. there is no way i can put it on over my wetsuit so i have to leave my glove unvelcroed so i can see the watch. reading an add for a citizen in my sport diver mag last night it mentioned a strap extension for wetsuits. i thought it was a great idea and did a search. it appears suunto and citizen offer these. i found a couple websites that sell them, but am always leary of buying from random websites that pop up in a google search. anyone know of a store or reputable website i could buy one from?? thanks a ton.

here is my watch:
75449_hero.jpg

here is what i want:
http://www.adventurewatches.com/moo...=10216&pf_id=PAAAAAKMCOLKGOAF&ad_id=shopping1

EDIT - so apparently scubaboard does not allow images to be displayed??

Hey thanks, that is just what I'm looking for, I have the freestyle watch also and can't use it over my 7 mil suit. I'd have no problem buying from the link you provided. And you can place images in your post, use the attachment tool.

You could buy it directly from Suunto for a buck cheaper.
http://www.suuntowatches.com/suunto-straps-and-bands.htm

Bungie - use two for redundancy, no hassle, and 20% the price.

I use a Freestyle Velcro Watch band. It is actually about twelve inches long with LOTS of Velcro overlap. It fits on my naked wrist, over a 7mm wet suit and even over a dry suit. Since it threads through both of the pins, if one fails I don't loose my watch. :D I got mine at ScubaQuest, but they don't do online sales.

If you know anyone who dives solely in the tropics just ask for their extension, if they have a Suunto. Anyone coming to the bottom of the Philippines and wants mine can have it. Strap is plenty long even with my 3mm full suit which I never wear.

Paul

You can buy "The Band" at Walmart for about $11. It's a simple velcro replacement strap, just buy the correct width to match your watch. Plenty of velcro, fits anything from skin to a thick suit.

Wayward Son:
You can buy "The Band" at Walmart for about $11. It's a simple velcro replacement strap, just buy the correct width to match your watch. Plenty of velcro, fits anything from skin to a thick suit.

I had the Walmart velcro band, and it was fine on 7mm and dry suits. But somehow - maybe I didn't line up the hooks and felt, or, maybe reached under a rock and got caught on something - it opened up, and I lost my watch. The fact that is went thru both pins didn't help me a bit. That's why my switch to bungie's. Fortunate part, it was a relatively cheap watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom