Watch out for that SUB!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We had some great dives today at the Sea Tiger, YO and the San Pedro. Our newest members of the Ohana learned the art of Sub Dodging with 2 of the Atlantis Subs doing circles around us. Vintage Boy(fisboy) also looked like a Marlin in the water and
so I handed VBlue the gaff but he didn't like the idea!
Jimbo

for some reason can't kid photo's to upload.....

ahhh...but we want to seee

Try Photobucket?

when the viz is bad, those subs can be dangerous. I think I heard a story from someone (Tom Winters??) about a guy who got sucked into the front.

At some point they will hurt someone and get sued. Dive flags are up and just becouse they are underwater does not allow them to come that close to divers. Ya I know they paid for the wrecks but the law is the law.

I am not so worried about the subs. If your divers get a good briefing, and you stay together, you can warn them of approaching subs.
What has worried me, was the private fishing boats. We have had them with running props, come within 15 feet of divers doing safety stops on the mooring line. Perhaps when you buy a boat you should have to pass a basic safety test.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

Id be all in favor of that but look how well it works with drivers licenses. If you cant read or speak english, someone will tell you the answers to the test. Drivers of big rigs, bus, and other forms of public transportation have to be trained to a higher level to watch out for stupid drivers as are captains.

It was a blast yesterday playing with the subs. At one point I was playing hide and go seek withthem. You know they have found you when the flashes start going off in the windows.

hey..enjoyed the shots.

Jimbo, you are livin' aloha mister..taking the new folks out and all!

I need some topside shots guys, so I can recognize people in Costco.

Yes, Boat traffic sucks over there. ....my advice get people to blow markers on the stops.

when the viz is bad..those subs are scarey and the sound makes me anxious, that high picted whining messes up my mo jo.

No mooning the tourists, they give tickets for that steve.

If you can't have fun......
I need to look at some charts and see how much of a wide berth I need to give around Diamond Head and we'll come dive with you someday.(of course you could give me a ride...), maybe do a 3 tanker, leave my boat over there overnight, then do the same coming back the next day.....

I'd like to do the Molokai run, but with 1 engine, want a support boat, and would like someone with more experience than I with me....:D

Back
Top Bottom