Watch out Florida... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Ernesto!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good thing I've been on the boat drinking rum tonight while we had a few squall storms.... it'd have been boring wathing the news and the lack of chatter about Ernesto!

kchFLA:
I wouldn't worry too much about the Panhandle. Contrary to DandyDon's post ALL of the state is not in the projected path. :D

DandyDon do I need to teach you some Florida georgraphy? :blinking: Perhaps ALL of the peninsula is in the path, the panhandle is not. :wink:
Never been to your Panhandle - only the one I live in and Oklahoma's', but I know it's quite west of most of Florida. I also know that these storms veer off in unexpected directions. All I said was...
Ernie could hit any or all of the Hurricane State.
Anything is possible. Ernie could die out completely. We saw a 'cane die over land a couple of years ago, only to reach water again and rebuild as a 'cane that the NOAA had already ruled dead.

I was on a manatee boat near Crystal River one June with my daughter's family, chatting with the skipper, and she explained that 'canes "never" hit that side. A few months later, one wiped out much of that side just south of her.

Last I heard, this one was losing power. Hopet that trend holds.

from the latest update:

ALTHOUGH THERE IS STILL SOME CHANCE THAT ERNESTO COULD BECOME A HURRICANE BEFORE REACHING FLORIDA...THE LIKLIHOOD OF THIS IS DIMINISHING.

Forget about Eresto ... EPAC tropics are in full swing ! TD Eleven-E has just been upgraded to named storm John and is predicted to be a Cat 3 hurricane by end of week. Looks like it's making a bee-line straight for Baja Sur ! Surf will be pumping in Cabo this weekend if they don't get directly slammed. We'll get some solid South swell before next week. This is were it pays off to have multiple water sports :D

ep200611.gif

riguerin:
Forget about Eresto ... EPAC tropics are in full swing ! TD Eleven-E has just been upgraded to named storm John and is predicted to be a Cat 2 hurricane by mid week. Looks like it's making a bee-line straight for Baja Sur ! Surf will be pumping in Cabo this weekend if they don't get directly slammed. We'll get some solid South swell before next week. This it were it pays off to have multiple water sports :D

ROFL~ I love it! Surfs up my friend, I expect to see picutures!!

BTW - the cone of 'we have no friggin clue' has been moved back to the west and the storm track is back over basically.... my house! I guess its back to the sailboat! We'll ride this beast out lashed to the main mast with a barrel of rum, yo ho!

DandyDon:
I wouldn't know, but based on this projection - not a bad idea. Ernie could hit any or all of the Hurricane State.

Ernesto.gif

Ernie could be old news there by Thursday - if he doesn't wreck havoc.

On the other hand, my mother in law's house in Lake Worth is right in the path of Earnie, and I ain't gonna have chance to put up those hurricane shutters. Won't be headed to that part of the state for two weeks.

Unfortunately, we got blown out up here this weekend, hopefully, get to do the Golf this weekend, then next weekend is home and deep (trimix class) dive, then following week its south eastern FL for coupleof days.

Ah, old storm track - the newest one.. if it continues on track I'll be to the left of that yeller line by a miniscule fraction thus my jeep will get washed off from the last few weeks romps!

tghur2.gif

CBulla:
ROFL~ I love it! Surfs up my friend, I expect to see picutures!!

BTW - the cone of 'we have no friggin clue' has been moved back to the west and the storm track is back over basically.... my house! I guess its back to the sailboat! We'll ride this beast out lashed to the main mast with a barrel of rum, yo ho!

Duuuuuuuude ... we're watching the surf potential for next week closely ! We've got super typhoon Ioke in the West Pacific and John in the East Pacific ... now looking like a Cat 3 hurricane by Friday. John's track is looking like it's got too much East in it, though. By the time it reaches our swell window it will have moved into colder water and weakened , thereby reducing the fetch substantially. Keeping fingers crossed that Ioke will deliver :D

tropical.gif

Yeah. I see that Ernesto's projected track has been revised Westward again. It also looks like it may remain tropical storm status if/when it makes landfall in So Fl. Hopefully you'll get just enough rain and wind to be nuisance and nothing more. Until then, batten down the hatches and "drink up me 'earties, yo ho" ! :pirate1:

at200605.gif

There's a TON of surfers out right now around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom