Watch for DMP on National News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wanted to let you all know that my DB, DMP, left me a phone message.
He is serving on the Honor Guard for the group of 14 Marines recently killed while serving in Iraq. I only had a phone message from him, so I couldn't get the rest of the pertinent details. (And sorry, I know zero military lingo) I do know that he could be carrying either a gun or the flag. :42:

I hope to catch the piece on the news.

God Bless them and their families for their sacrifice for my freedom.
It is greatly appreciated.

Cool! I'll be on the lookout for him.

Mel

Oh man, I never thought about watching on TV!! :salute:

Thank you DMP for accepting a tough job with honor and dignity, and may God bless the soldiers and their families of Ohio.

That is the hardest duty I have ever had. I always bawl like a lil kid who lost his dog. TAPS kill me I am usually good til then. Roll call is a killer too.

Last night was a tough one, up to 20,000 people were there in attendance. Tap dancing around generals and congressional leaders is always fun when you have a job to do. One Marine LTG caw me holding a plastice cup and asked me, "Is it time for beer yet?". My reply was, "No sir, job hasn't ended yet and real men don't drink beer". His aide's mouth hit the floor and the Marine CSM standing next to him (never ask an airborne soldier about beer), he chuckled at my reply. It is a deeply stirring event, even the hardest of hearts turn to puddy at the sound of taps and roll call. I think the most feeling when the Pipe and Drum Corps played, to this day I love bag pipes (made me go home and watch "Brave Heart" just to hear them play.

One thing I did learn last night was that the Navy has a wierd way of posting colors. Everywhere, I have been we always render honors to the colors no matter if other services are posting as well and time did not matter. The head Navy guy simply said, "post the colors and march off", we asked about rendering the honor and the reply was "no". Being the Oldest of all the branches, we did what was appropriate no matter what he wanted us to do (you got it, we rendered the honors and the Marines did too the other services did not). For those, who are civilian reading this, honors is saluting Old Glory.

At the completion of the ceremony we all hung around a little bit talking to the retirees and listening to what they had to say. I was approached by numerous nice ladies(who were about twice my age) who engaged into conversation and in mid sentence they ask if I am married (red flags go up). There is only one reason for this, looking to take care of daughter or some relative they have (grandma hook-up). I politely tell them that no, I am divorced and quickly change the subject. Only two suceeded to tell me that they had a daughter who was single, a nice polite reply that I am soon moving to Kansas stopped that.

Only one thing that really disturbed me last night, a joker thought he could wear Army Dress Greens and get away with it. I do not think he realized that we no longer wear the wool ones anymore and they are polyester now. It was a dead giveaway, I asked him where his DUI's were and what unit he belonged too. He knew he was caught, eyes got big and began to stutter. He told me that he only spent 2 years in the Army, not even a Vet. So, I let him know how I felt about how he used his old uniform to get into VIP seating and that some veteran who paid his time had to stand during the ceremony. I neither have the time nor the patience to deal with someone perpetuating something they are not. Granted he served, but gave him no right to be where a veteran should be.

DMP:
Only one thing that really disturbed me last night, a joker thought he could wear Army Dress Greens and get away with it.
Wannabees are everywhere. They are despicable. Thanks for calling this guy out.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Wannabees are everywhere. They are despicable. Thanks for calling this guy out.
Rick

Those guys rank the same as married folks faking being single as well, have no use for them.

DMP:
Those guys rank the same as married folks faking being single as well, have no use for them.

I think worse...a heck of alot worse...

Married guys pretending to be single are pretty low themselves. I mean, if they're willing to cheat on/leave thier wife for you, they'll probably cheat on/leave you too!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom