Watamula dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trucha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be on Curacao next week and I want to do the Watamula dive. What operators do you suggest? Bonus if they can pick me up at my accommodation so I don't have to rent a car.

Where are you staying?

Go West Diving in Westpunt generally does Watamula on a scheduled basis. I don't think they even pickup in Westpunt, never mind anyplace else. (Pretty much anyone staying out there will have rented a car to get there.) I don't know that anyone else does it, it's a long way from any other boat op.

Since about the 2nd day of our first stay on Curacao, we have always rented a car. Pretty useful there unless you're going to plant yourself and never leave your resort, which you really should. I'd suggest renting a car and spending the day in the area - do the 2 tank including Watamula in the morning, then a coiupe shore dives at their house reef which is Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out GO West. I think I went with them on the house reef there. I've been to Curacao a couple of times before and I stay in Lagun. I do just generally plant myself there and don't find much reason to leave. In the past I've just rented a car for a couple of days and find that plenty. That's enough to get into Willemstad and go to Centrum, check out Willibrodus and go to playa Knip for a day. I prefer to walk to the dive shop and then across the parking lot and into the water. A lot more relaxing than driving around the island especially in Willemstad. It looks like I'll tack on an extra day of the rental car to get out to Westpunt. Thanks.

Hi @Trucha

You may have seen that Go West generally goes to Watamula on Thursday morning and on Monday afternoon

upload_2018-11-15_19-4-44.png

Carib Sea Sports goes there once a week afaik. But won't pick you up either and they're at the Hilton in Piscadera Bay so it's closer to drive to Go West from Lagun. The Go West boats are at the Lodge KH shop, not the one at All West.

I'm not aware of a dive op that picks up other than the Dive Bus in the Willemstad area for shore dives.

Check with Trunk Divers - I once read about them diving Watamula from shore but it required a climb down. And probably a longer swim out.

That Monday with Go West is a great schedule if you like Watamula! Elvins is right next to it and depending how it is done I like it even more!

That Monday with Go West is a great schedule if you like Watamula! Elvins is right next to it and depending how it is done I like it even more!
We had a brisk current one day and did a great drift from Elvin's through Watamula

Thanks for the replies. I emailed the GoWest address but I haven't gotten a response. I guess I'll drop by and sign up when I get there. Or check out the santa cruz operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom