Washing gear after vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soak, rinse, soak, rinse, soak, rinse...about an hour each time...After stuff dries hook it all up and pressure test it....If no problems store it and then pressure test it again a few days before your next dive......Today's equipment is pretty tough, but salt is corrosive and soaking/rinsing/testing is a small amount of effort to ensure your next dive is trouble free.......

Of course a big part of it is making sure salty gear doesn't dry out so the salt crystalizes. Especially keep it out of the sun. If you can keep it damp until the rinsing I doubt there will be any problems.

Hmmmm.....been diving since 1980......I just rinse wherever I am......when I get home, fill the bathtub.......regs (unpressurized but with dust cap in place) and BCs soak overnight with bathwater allowed inside the BC bladder.....rinsed out the following day and hung to dry......wetsuits (and booties) go in next for another day, then hung to dry........finally fins, mask, and snorkel go in for another day, then hung to dry......never had a problem but YMMV......BTW, my regs are old US Divers from the early 1990s......

disclaimer.....this is just how I do it, not to be construed as the "right" way......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom